Drive Rails

Thread: Drive Rails

Post Drive Rails

anyone know a site or somewhere I can get a few drive rails for the older desktops like TDK and some Dells etc, they are metal with springy-thing (technical talk I know...)on the end?
    I have looked at a few but didn't find the right ones
    Thanks
    "Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do"

JeanneD , I have made them out of plexiglass strips when I didn't have any .You can get at your local hardware store as a rule and they should be able to cut it to width for you.It comes in different thicknesses so you can adjust to suit the computer ( 3/16 is usually best).Its a bit of a pain , but better than nothing.

Darren Wilson

I used to use the Car Stereo mounting strips (similar to Meccano) on proprietory cases.

Talking

Some computer stores may carry a small variety of drive rails. I've had to use them in the past for installs, and can't seem to find the right rail.

I usually get the nearest looking on, and have actually used a hacksaw and file to get them to work.

Yeah, it's a big pain in the A$$, but it works.
    I really am trying to understand your point of view, but I can't seem to stick my head that far up my A$$

I get a lot of stuff like this from ebay. Sometimes oyu have to keep looking for a while if you want something specific, but if you just browse the auctions at ebay, amazon, and yahoo you can find TONS of little junk like this and no one will bid against you, so you can sometimes get it for a penny

In a pinch, double-sided tape, or cardboard-and-black-tape rails work well.
    ---
    Back with a vengeance.
    ---
    Try Windows Vista, the CE.ME.NT eXPerience...

http://www.cablesnmor.com/hard-drive-rails.html sells them. Do a search on google for hard drive rails.

3fingersalute

I go to a local metal shop and have them made