Pioneer = Pie-in-ur-ear (cd-r problem)

Thread: Pioneer = Pie-in-ur-ear (cd-r problem)

Thumbs down Pioneer = Pie-in-ur-ear (cd-r problem)

CD Burner: Iomega zip 650
    AMD k2 450 mhz
    128 mb ram

Hi,
    I went visiting to another place and went to a major electronic store. There, I found a pretty good deal: 100 cd-rs for $23.99, and without some crappy mail-in rebate. These were “Pioneer CD-R 12x 700mb”. It says CDM-K80 before the 12x,>>> wt* does that mean? Moving along, I finally used up all my 50 older cd-rs (imation) and needed to use the 100 pioneer now. I put one in to record some data using easy-cd creator platinum and everything was fine until it is about to start recording. I was doing the recording on “disc-at-once”. The recorder started the recording (I think cause the red light starts to flash), and when it got to 4%, it got stuck.
    I tried other programs like CDR-WIN and still no good. I can burn fine with my older cdr-w cds, but not this crap pioneer one. So after 10 mins of my burner trying to burn with easy cd creator plat, I get the message E80041930: TrackWriter error –Wait failed – [T7123].
    It seems that these pioneer piece of crap cd-r don’t have something in the beginning pressed on or has errors pressed on them. Does anyone know why these cd-rs are not working or clarify to me that I’m an idiot and I bought the wrong kind of CD-Rs?

I got 100 cd-r just sitting here and I get get pretty mad every time I look at them. I have no other cd-rs and my HD is getting really full .

Here is all the info on the cd-r:

CD-R CDM-K80 12x Compact-Disc-Recorder 700mb Pioneer.

Again, I updated the esay cd creator to XP version and I am able to burn my old cdr-w fine. So it has to be these cd-rs (I think). If anyone has any idea what is wrong and is there is any programs that will just burn my data on there no matter what, plz help me for the love of all existence.

Hmmm interesting, I have had a bunch of problems with some disks, I discovered with one set of no names I was burning too fast, then later with another set, I was burning too slow.

You didn't mention if you had tried different burn speeds... mebbe a little play would help?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Oh, sorry.

Yeah.. i tried at 1x and 4x speed... same result.

I sent a 3 page email to them and after about 3 weeks, they reaplied: "Burn at slower speed"..
    in my 3 page letter, i told them the different speeds i tried at..

Thnk u pioneer, took my $23!!

Isn't it just an incompability issue with cdr's you are using with your cdrw????

I have come across in the past where certain cdrw's just don't like to burn some brands or generic cdr or cdrw disks.

Maybe also check for firmware updates for your cdrw. That might also solve your issue. Just be careful when updating firmware, it carries the same risks as flashing a bios.