ActiveX server-side issue

Thread: ActiveX server-side issue

ActiveX server-side issue

Hi!

Just throwing this out there, but does anyone know (or know where to find) what is needed server-side to get ActiveX/Vbscript to run? I'm trying to install a network printer via vbscript in a webpage and it works great locally (when the webpage is running from my machine) but when I try to run it from the test server I get a "Error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Wscript.Network'". I assume some type of server extension(s) is needed...?

This happens on both Apache (solaris) and IIS 5 (win2kpro).

Thanks for any input!!
    DON'T PANIC

You probably already checked this but, in the IIS MMC console, right click server, properties, server extensions and is your client scripting setup for VB?
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Originally posted by silencio
    You probably already checked this but, in the IIS MMC console, right click server, properties, server extensions and is your client scripting setup for VB?
    Yes, it's setup. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
    DON'T PANIC

is the windows scripting host installed? or the right version installed? That's what wscript is.

is the windows scripting host installed? or the right version installed? That's what wscript is.
    I'm pretty sure it is. See, when I run it locally, (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\script.html) it works fine. If I run it through the browser (ie, through IIS: http://localhost/script.html) it doesn't work. Weird, eh?? IIS is running on my same machine that it works on locally!
    DON'T PANIC

How about IIS lockdown or another security patch? Maybe one of those has changed permissions on what you can run. There appears to be a debugging option under the site level/home directory/advanced/app debugging. In there is an option for "send detailed asp error messages to client." This might give you some more insight.

How about IIS lockdown or another security patch? Maybe one of those has changed permissions on what you can run. There appears to be a debugging option under the site level/home directory/advanced/app debugging. In there is an option for "send detailed asp error messages to client." This might give you some more insight.
    Good call. Unfortunately that setting is set by default. All this thinking is makin my head hurt.
    DON'T PANIC

Anyone have any ideas?
    DON'T PANIC