The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located

Cool. So more proof that you need to be patient.
    And Welcome to WD dozevo.
    Clicking it a zillion times only wears out your finger. In essense, it is the same as just waiting.
    That being said, this is only a known workaround for this particular error message, and a few similar ones like confus-ed mentions. If there are other issues, then they would need to be explained in a new thread.
    Good luck all.

FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the problem occurs, press Shift +F10 to bring up the
    command prompt. Then type taskmgr.exe in the DOS window
    and press Enter. The Task Manager should be started. If
    not, try to press C+Shift+ESC. In the Task Manager
    program, select the error messsage window in the
    application list and click "End Task". In the process
    list, terminate the unregmp2.exe program. Exit the DOS
    prompt window and resume the installation process.

Welcome to windrivers nihir

Thanks, that will save a lot of coffee being drunk while waiting for the darn thing to time out.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

All of you seems to faced the same problem while installing windows.
    Well i faced the problem after updating windows xp from the internet. And clicking ok for about 1000 times or just sit there waiting want solve the problem!
    After googling up(!) i found out that you have to download the newr version of msdart.dll and extract it to c:/windows/system32.
    The link is below:
    http://www.dll-files.com/files/msdart.zip
    Just thought i should share!

Brutal, I wish I had seen this yesterday. I almost pulled my hair out trying to get the repair install to work. Wasted hours trying different things, almost paid an on site tech to come out and fix it, but no one would do it on a Sunday night. So, instead I had a couple glasses of wine with the GF, watched a movie, and left it. And wouldn't you know it, it fixed itself.... but that was the longest 13 minutes _ever_

Quote Originally Posted by so_what
    All of you seems to faced the same problem while installing windows.
    Well i faced the problem after updating windows xp from the internet. And clicking ok for about 1000 times or just sit there waiting want solve the problem!
    After googling up(!) i found out that you have to download the newr version of msdart.dll and extract it to c:/windows/system32.
    The link is below:
    http://www.dll-files.com/files/msdart.zip
    Just thought i should share!
    Welcome to Windrivers so_what and thanks for the tip!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by nihir
    FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the problem occurs, press Shift +F10 to bring up the
    command prompt. Then type taskmgr.exe in the DOS window
    and press Enter. The Task Manager should be started. If
    not, try to press C+Shift+ESC. In the Task Manager
    program, select the error messsage window in the
    application list and click "End Task". In the process
    list, terminate the unregmp2.exe program. Exit the DOS
    prompt window and resume the installation process.
    Indeed. Since this thread started two months ago, the problem has been noticed a great deal more and "other" solutions...or workarounds have been found such as this here (see post number two):
    reference: http://www.mcse.ms/message778017.html
    Although it seems that MS has still not gotten around to recognizing the "issue".
    My thoughts on this other workaround are this: I think doing the above referenced only removes that problem window, but I think that even with the window still open after clicking ok once, the "repair" install was still installing. Otherwise, all the many people who took a break would not have come back to a successfully repaired and working pc. Right?
    PS
    I will update the initial post though.

Well, I have read all of these post. Still confused a bit. The only time I am getting this error is when Im using AOL email and trying to insert a picture from the email menu. I got it once when loading Real Player but that's it.
    I would really like to know whats causing it and how to fix it. Not sure, what if anything, AOL has to do with windows sp1, Windows media player ect.
    Why am I only getting that message in AOL?

Will the f10 trick apply with this program?

Yes folks I'm confused. Help me please.
    Have a great day all.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by cozmicrain

Well, I have read all of these post. Still confused a bit. The only time I am getting this error is when Im using AOL email and trying to insert a picture from the email menu. I got it once when loading Real Player but that's it.
    I would really like to know whats causing it and how to fix it. Not sure, what if anything, AOL has to do with windows sp1, Windows media player ect.
    Why am I only getting that message in AOL?

Will the f10 trick apply with this program?

Yes folks I'm confused. Help me please.
    Have a great day all.

Peace
    So welcome to windrivers forums cozmicrain.

(I requoted so I could read the white bit ! which is now on a white bit & thus totally illegable - don't use white text )

Whats hapening is that the message results from an invalid function call to MSdart.dll which is a MDAC component (MDAC is short for Microsoft Data Access Components which is a set of drivers that 'whatever' needs for database communication - so anywhere we have 'one of them' {any shape or form of data collection may be a database} we can get these errors) -so you can get 'em with windows setup, or 'wherever the hell' !

So Third party products sometimes overwrite this file & cause problems but also some M$ stuff manages to fubar it too ! Billy seems to have finally recognised he has version control issues with this component & is 'on the case' ..

MDAC version checker @M$

Download MDAC 2.6 SP2 here: @M$

This 'fix' though is no damn good mid repair - but it may sort you out

Quote Originally Posted by RedHouse18
    A cuppa tea wasn'tlong enough but a shower was! everything is golden, thanks for the advice.

mike
    Thanks for the excellent advice. I drank tea, coffee, milk and a couple shots of whiskey, but still no progress.
    I decided to hit the OK button on the error message and after a lot of button pushing, the install started back up.
    If waiting doesn't work, push the button.

Welcome to Windrivers tarrans and thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library msdart.dll" Just a heads up on this issue with XP repair installs. Some people report having to click OK dozens of times. I had the same issue just now but went to check with a Google. When I went back to the pc it was finishing the install after I had only clicked like three times. Seems XP needs to think about it for a couple minutes first and approve the OK. The issue has to do with repairing a SP1 install with the original and has to do withMedia Player being "downgraded". Thought this might help other who have to do a search for this issue. In other words: click OK once, and then give it some time: walk away and have a cuppa or whatever. Then, all should be well. One of these days MS will have answered or fixed this problem.

EDIT:
    Since two months ago there have been other "solutions" found for this issue, so read on to the end or click here:
    http://forums.windrivers.com/showpos...9&postcount=22
    i have this "the procedure entry poin GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library msdart.dll"...what should i do to knock that error message out????

Welcome to Windrivers unto

did you read the various suggestions in this thread?

getiums/msdart etc

Quote Originally Posted by nard416
    I have struggled for a long time after installing Window Media player. Outlook and the player would produce error message. Well, your trusty friend Nardo has an easy solution. Well, I don't...MS has it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Reboot and no more errors.
    Wrked for me ...thanks

Welcome to Windrivers nic and thanks for letting us know.