Sc Config Spooler Depend= Rpcss

Thread: Sc Config Spooler Depend= Rpcss

Sc Config Spooler Depend= Rpcss

I am trying to use the line at the command prompt: SC CONFIG SPOOLER DEPEND= RPCSS

W2000 says sc is not a recognised command.

If this is the Lexmark spool error thing, then this is what I found about this issue:

Just try these steps and the issue is bound to vanish

1. Click the Start button on the desktop
    2. Click Run
    3. Type in REGEDIT
    4. Click on HKEY_LOCAL _MACHINE
    5. Click on System
    6. Click on Current Control Set
    7. Click on Services
    8. Click on Spooler
    9. Click on Depend On Service on the right hand side
    10. This should open a Edit Binary Value window
    11. Delete the rows corresponding to LexBces only and then select OK
    12. Reboot the PC

Proceed further and the error should not occur again

Another way same thing:

IMPORTANT: This fix contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base (http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;256986):

Click on Start -> run then type regedit into the command prompt.
    Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Spooler registry subkey and find an entry with the name DEPENDSonService. Backup this entry so you can restore it if other problems arise. After backing it up, delete the entry (value). Restart the machine and all should be well.

I had to reboot before the Print Spooler service worked again. Is there a way to remove the LexBce Server service? It is disabled at the moment and all the files named lex*.* have been deleted so it can't actually work. Many thanks.

I really dunno! Other than that ANYTHING can be removed and sometimes that stops other things from working. Most of the stuff I read was when Lexmark printer had been removed BUT the spooler program stayed on the comp, etc.

Sorry.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CCT
    If this is the Lexmark spool error thing, then this is what I found about this issue:

Just try these steps and the issue is bound to vanish

1. Click the Start button on the desktop
    2. Click Run
    3. Type in REGEDIT
    4. Click on HKEY_LOCAL _MACHINE
    5. Click on System
    6. Click on Current Control Set
    7. Click on Services
    8. Click on Spooler
    9. Click on Depend On Service on the right hand side
    10. This should open a Edit Binary Value window
    11. Delete the rows corresponding to LexBces only and then select OK
    12. Reboot the PC

Proceed further and the error should not occur again

Another way same thing:

IMPORTANT: This fix contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base (http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;256986):

Click on Start -> run then type regedit into the command prompt.
    Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Spooler registry subkey and find an entry with the name DEPENDSonService. Backup this entry so you can restore it if other problems arise. After backing it up, delete the entry (value). Restart the machine and all should be well.

I am very grateful to CCT for the solution to the Lexmark spooler problem (AKA LexBces). It took a long time to find you. Lexmark was no help. I am sure they are quite aware of this problem. This is one more bullet to be shot at Lexmark. I do not understand how they are able to sell as much as they do.

Made a mistake

For awhile now my print spooler has not been automatically starting on reboot. I have had to go to a CMD prompt and type, "net start spooler" before i can print. Besides the obvious inconvenience, it was working.

Today I googled this issue and found what apparently was the incorrect solution. At the CMD prompt, I typed, "sc config spooler depend= RPCSS".

My print spooler still does not automatically start at reboot, but now, when I try to print, I also get another error, "Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current print setup..."

Do you know how I can reverse my stupid mistake?

THANKS in Advance!!

Welcome to Windrivers, rcurry71. The first thing to do is to verify the dependencies for the spooler. Click "Start", then "Run" type "services.msc" in the dialog box and hit enter. Once the services snap-in is on screen, then scroll down to the Print Spooler service. Its Status should be Started and its Startup Type should be automatic. Next, right-click on it, then click Properties from the context menu and click the Dependencies tab. Normally, the only service the spooler depends on is RPC. If that's all OK, close the Properties Window and scroll down the Services window to RPC and check to see that its Status is Started, and Startup Type is automatic. Check it's dependencies as well. If you find that some of the essential services aren't running you can start them manually. Finally, reboot and see if you can print. If not, we'll go from there

Also, we need to confirm your version of Windows. Are you actually running NT or Windows 2000 or a different version?

Please forgive me.

As it turns out, Kaspersky was blocking my print attempts. I am so sorry i 'wasted' your time. It is quite obvious to check any firewalls, but I wasn't thinking clearly.

Not to worry! Glad you were able to resolve the print problem. Actually, it isn't at all obvious that Kaspersky should have been the culprit. You have every reason to expect that modern security software shouldn't interfere with basic system, or network, functions.