RealTek Audio Problems
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RealTek Audio Problems

RealTek Audio Problems

I really don't know where to begin with my problems. My system is Windows XP SP2. Computer is EMachine. Media Reader 8 in 1, which I'm not sure is there. When I click on Entertainment, there is nothing there at all; folder empty. I have no volume control at all either. I can hear my music play with Windows Media Player. RealTek AC '97 Audio Driver Version 5.10.0.5440. When I go to Control Panel and click on Sounds and Audio Devices and then click on Properties and then Volume Control on Sound Play Back; Sound Recording; Microsoft Gs Wavetable SWSynth. The message I get is Windows cannot execute SndVol32.exe.
    Things that I've tried to do to solve the problem is as follows: I think the driver for RealTek is there. I see it in my Add/Remove Programs. I've contacted Tech Support at EMachines. They sent me a URL to download RealTek again and that did not work. They told me to try it in Safe Mode and that did not help it. Same old thing nothing works except Media Player. I tried to go to my Add/Remove and reinstall from my Recovery Disk. When I did that, half way through reinstalling an error message popped up and said No ADI codec driver installed.
    Please if you can help me, give instructions on beginner level. I'm beginning to believe that I will have to get an external hard drive and transfer all My Documents to it and reinstall every thing. Another problem is my Restore DVD is for XP1. My system has been upgraded to XP SP2.
    Biker Chick

Welcome to Windrivers Biker Chick

Your sound drivers are installed because you have sound... after you tried to install the driver on the URL provided by emachines, do you still get sound from Media Player?

I need to know exactly what model emachine you have to be more precise in helping you.

Emachines may have sent you the wrong URL which would account for the message that popped up.

Your restore DVD to XP sp1 is not a problem, assuming you have broadband, you can just download SP2 and install it again when you have done the restore... along with the 75 or so other updates you are going to need!

What do you want to do - try and fix the audio problem (and learn a good deal about your machine in the process) or just backup your stuff and restore the machine to factory default?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers Biker Chick

Your sound drivers are installed because you have sound... after you tried to install the driver on the URL provided by emachines, do you still get sound from Media Player?

I need to know exactly what model emachine you have to be more precise in helping you.

Emachines may have sent you the wrong URL which would account for the message that popped up.

Your restore DVD to XP sp1 is not a problem, assuming you have broadband, you can just download SP2 and install it again when you have done the restore... along with the 75 or so other updates you are going to need!

What do you want to do - try and fix the audio problem (and learn a good deal about your machine in the process) or just backup your stuff and restore the machine to factory default?

Thanks for the quick reply to my problem.
    What I really want to do is get this problem fixed. I've been struggling with problem for about 2 months now. The Model # is T2862.
    Mother Board
    CPU Type-Intel Celeron D 330,2666 MHz (20X133)
    Motherboard Name-Intel Sea Breeze D845GVSR (3PI, ZDIMM, Audio, Video
    Motherboard Chipset-Intel Brookdale-G i845GV
    BIOS Type-AMI
    Multimedia
    Audio Adapter Intel 82801DB ICH4-AC'97 Audio Controller (B-0)
    I tried so many things I honestly I can't remember if I had sound after trying the install from the URL emachines sent me or not. I do know that at one time I did not have sound, but something I did got my sound back. From a computer newsletter that I receive, they said to make sure that you had your multimedia set to automatically download updated codecs. I do.
    I found this forum by just typing in ADI Driver on my search engine. I have been reading alot of others problems and decided to join this group and see if anyone could help me. I downloaded Everest from someone telling another person to do so and that is how I got this info for my own computer. One other thing, could you tell me how to copy and past in this forum. I had to write down the info from Everest and then type it in.
    Thanks

I hope I can do this again. I had already typed in the needed info that you ask for; boom, I must have hit something wrong and all info was gone. I want to fix this system. I'm so tired of trying to do this by myself, with no success I might add.
    Model #T2862
    Motherboard Board
    CPU Type-Intel Celeron D 330,2666 MHz (20x133)
    Motherboard Name-Intel Sea Breeze D845GVSR (3PI,ZDIMM,Audio, Video
    Motherboard Chipset-Intel Brookdale- G i8456V
    Bois Type-AMI
    Multimedia
    Audio Adapter-Intel 82801DB ICH4-AC.97 Audio Controller (B-0)

OK here are the specs for your machine which matches what you have above.

But wonderful emachines have not posted any drivers for it... so now we go on a hunt at Intel. here are the support pages for your motherboard

here is the sound driver

BUT before you do that, I want you to install the chipset drivers which are here Then reboot and then install the sound drivers. Once you have done that, post again with the results (good or bad or indifferent).
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Oh and everest produces a quick report which is shown in notepad, you can copy and paste it from there.

Oh and everest produces a quick report which is shown in notepad, you can copy and paste it from there.
    Man or Man I have a real problem HELLLLPPPPP!!! I'm in Safe Mode to be able to send this e-mail. Everything about totally downloaded, then the blue screen with all kinds of error messages. Says it shut down to keep from harming my computer. I have to turn off computer and soon as I get rebooted I get an error message about the download and then the Blue Screen again. I still keep geting a message at start up that says that I have new hardware. Has a spot for me to dowload the drivers. Please tell me what to do. I did what you told me to do first did not download drivers first.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker Chick
    Man or Man I have a real problem HELLLLPPPPP!!! I'm in Safe Mode to be able to send this e-mail. Everything about totally downloaded, then the blue screen with all kinds of error messages. Says it shut down to keep from harming my computer. I have to turn off computer and soon as I get rebooted I get an error message about the download and then the Blue Screen again. I still keep geting a message at start up that says that I have new hardware. Has a spot for me to dowload the drivers. Please tell me what to do. I did what you told me to do first did not download drivers first.
    I download the Chip Drivers first not Sound Drivers

oooh goody, a blue screen of death otherwise known as the BSOD.

But everything works ok in safe mode with networking? If so, then it's a driver or software problem... could even be a virus.

Does the blue screen stay put until you turn off the machine? If it doesn't, go into safe mode and right click my computer and select properties then the advanced tab and click on the startup and recovery button. In the last 1/3 of the window, uncheck Automatically restart, apply and ok. Now boot to normal mode and let it BSOD in all it's glory.

The error message will be in capitals joined together by underscores. There will be numbers and if we are lucky a file name (xyzname.sys). Write the error message, the numbers and the file name down and post it here.

oooh goody, a blue screen of death otherwise known as the BSOD.

But everything works ok in safe mode with networking? If so, then it's a driver or software problem... could even be a virus.

Does the blue screen stay put until you turn off the machine? If it doesn't, go into safe mode and right click my computer and select properties then the advanced tab and click on the startup and recovery button. In the last 1/3 of the window, uncheck Automatically restart, apply and ok. Now boot to normal mode and let it BSOD in all it's glory.

The error message will be in capitals joined together by underscores. There will be numbers and if we are lucky a file name (xyzname.sys). Write the error message, the numbers and the file name down and post it here.
    I'm in Safe Mode now. It's the only way I could post. When I try to boot normally it would boot OK, but then the blue screen would appear before I could do anything else. When the blue screen appeared all I could do was turn off the computer. This happened about 3 times before I finally went into Safe Mode, while in safe mode networking I can send post and receive mail.
    This is something with sys.after it:
    portcls.sys-Address EF18C460 base at EF18C000, Date Stamp 41107f13

ok, you have a problem with the sound driver (D'UH)

Try this, in safe mode go into device manager and disable the sound device. Try normal mode, does it bsod now?

ok, you have a problem with the sound driver (D'UH)

Try this, in safe mode go into device manager and disable the sound device. Try normal mode, does it bsod now?
    I just did as you said and now I'm back in normal mode. The problem is I did not really know what to disable do I disabled about 4 different things. What I'm going to do not is to go back in Safe Mode and start reenabling them one at a time to see which one is the problem. I'll be back when I have accomplished this.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker Chick
    I just did as you said and now I'm back in normal mode. The problem is I did not really know what to disable do I disabled about 4 different things. What I'm going to do not is to go back in Safe Mode and start reenabling them one at a time to see which one is the problem. I'll be back when I have accomplished this.
    I did not get an error message this time. When I looked at Tech Info. about the problem I finally noticed the word "TEMP" because the 2 expainations started with C:\Docume\Owner. I used my CCleaner and deleted all the temporary files now I'm back to where I was at before attempting to download the Chipset Drivers.

Let me know when you have them installed. You can re-enable the sound device(s) from normal mode... and you will probably have to to get the new sound driver to install.

Let me know when you have them installed. You can re-enable the sound device(s) from normal mode... and you will probably have to to get the new sound driver to install.
    Do I still use the places that you told me to download from in your previous post?? Also, do I still do the Chipset Driver first and then Sound Driver next?

I will not be able to attempt to download these till Tuesday of next week. I'm going out of town with grandson for a weekend of Racing Motorcycles. We'll be hiting the road tomorrow and back home Monday.

I will attempt downloads then and see if the BSOD appears again.

Thanks for continuing to help me with this problem.