[RESOLVED] 16 bit color

Thread: [RESOLVED] 16 bit color

ShaunB

Question 16 bit color

i got a new labtop today, and for some reason when i try to use 16 bit color my screen goes small.

a friend told me to come here and find a new driver...please can any1 help i cant find one

Thanks

GJFowler

We won't be able to find one either unless you tell us what laptop you've got...

There should be current drivers available on the laptop manufacturer's website if that is the cause of your problem.

Depending on the design of the system and what modes you are switching between, it may also be due to inadequate video memory. If it uses shared memory, insufficient memory may be allocated in the CMOS setup.

------------------
    I used to be Platypus...

The platypus, proof God has a sense of humour.

ShaunB

thanks for the reply...its a gateway 2000 solo labtop. im using windows 95, not sure on how much video memory i have

dlagace

http://www.gateway.com/support/produ...ble/2101.shtml

Gateway site doesn't have your model just the 2100 above.

You should be able to go to the 24bit color in your settings 480x640 also then resize the screen.

------------------
    "What works for One person May not work for Another"
    God Is My Judge dLagace=DANIMAL

ShaunB

thanks i'll try it... i downloaded a newer version of chips accelirator.

24 bit at 480x640 gonna try it i think i already did.

im not sure what my monitor is called, right now it says (unkown monitor)...does this matter?

ShaunB

it works on 16 and 256...but not high color.

when i try to stretch it the color selection changes, can some1 tell me what color goes w/ what pixel and what to put in for my monitor...i can choose basic labtop 800x640 etc.