[RESOLVED] ASUS K7M M/B

Thread: [RESOLVED] ASUS K7M M/B

HungryArmadillo

Post ASUS K7M M/B

I was gonna get a 800mhz processor so I upgraded the bios to version km1008.I get the little blocks filling up then"Update Successful" message.I have tried redoing this about 4 times,but it doesnt make a difference.Now my soundblaster live xgamer wont work.Windows98se showed a conflict.I did a toatal reinstall.Now when windows "finds new hardware" it gets to sound blaster 16 emmulation and locks up hard.I tried to update to version km1009 but The flash program says that file doesnt exist.What is up.Did my SBLive fry or did my Mother Board?Is there any thing I can do.I am probably just gonna try a new SBLive first.If that wont work then I will buy the Cheap FIC Athalon MB for about 100$ bucks.E-mail me please. [email protected]

------------------
    I KNOW NOTHING..!!!

k7m

When you flashed did you go into the bios setup and reconfigure it??? also you may have to start in safe mode, remove the sound card and drivers in device manager. make sure if you have on-board sound that you have disabled it first in bios. once you have done all that try reinstalling your sound blaster.

HungryArmadillo

I think I was struck by lightening now.My wife's pc's printer and scanner work no more.I have replaced the hard drive and mother board,I still have some registy problems now.I have reinstalled 5 times and I still have the trouble.I will replace the processor next friday.Thanks...uggghhh!!!

------------------
    I KNOW NOTHING..!!!