[RESOLVED] AGP video card

Thread: [RESOLVED] AGP video card

dwijac

Post AGP video card

I recently upgraded my computer from p166 to celeron400 with a socket370 motherboard,32mb sdram and 4mb agp video card.First I had a 4mb sis 6326 AGP video card,but I was having display problems - the monitor screen was flickering,the window edges were frayed(Win95).The video card was changed to trident 3Dimage -9750(4mb),but I still have occasional problem of the screen flickering.It corrects itself on its own.I tried a 3d game,and after a few minutes the system hung up.Earlier I had sis6215 video card on my P166,but I had no flicker problem nor any distortion of display.Could any one suggest a remedy?Is any Bios setting adjustment necessary?Further,the video card is supposed to be an Agp card.In the device manager,though it shows working properly,there is PCI memory range conflict.Why?

Tokamar

Hi, it could be two things wrong. First make sure you have the latest USB drivers installed for your win95. And second check what your IRQ add. is for video card. Then check with who made the video card and see if there is any info on IRQ add. problems for your video card. Hope this gives you a few ideas. Good luck.