[RESOLVED] Diamond Stealth S540 Savage4 Pro -Installation Problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] Diamond Stealth S540 Savage4 Pro -Installation Problem

sneakypeteII

Resolved [RESOLVED] Diamond Stealth S540 Savage4 Pro -Installation Problem

I am running a Cyrix 166 with a Biostar 8500 TUC motherboard w 32megs. The installation of this video is causing a fatal error message and or hang ups when re-booting. I was able to set display to vga and get the card installed but when I reset color settings or re-boot, the system crashes. Is it possible that this a problem with the Intools 99 software or motherboard.

Lightbulb

The Dutch reseller of Diamond cards (Hastec) has put up several BIOS images on their FTP site which fix the shutdown/GPF problem. There are four different BIOS images on the site, and you have to look up the SubID code of the card, which is printed on a little sticker on the card, to get the correct file. Example: the 32MB Stealth III has a SubID code of 4A09, 4A0F, etc. The file to get is either 212c4A09.rom or 212c4A0F.rom, etc. The files can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.hastec.nl/pub/videokaarten/stealth/stealth-3/S540biosses/.
    The following steps are recommended to properly update the Stealth III
    S540 with these updated 212c4***.ROMs.

1. Create a DOS system boot disk.
    2. Copy the contents of this BIOS set to the DOS system boot disk.
    3. Boot the system from this disk.
    4. Type "dflash 212c4***.ROM" where 212c4***.ROM is the name of the ROM file.
    (The .rom file needed is marked on a small sticker on the rom chip on the card)
    5. After the flash process has completed, reboot the system.
    6. System BIOS update has been completed.

Good Luck!
    Tina Tysinger
    MCSE, MCDBA, CNA