video decompressor not supported

Thread: video decompressor not supported

Post video decompressor not supported

Hi,
    I just installed Win2k pro and tried to play some avi and a message popped up saying I don't have the decompressor something like that. It then connects to Microsoft's website for update and found nothing to download. the online-update worked for Win98 a year ago or two but I think M$ killed the update site so we have to upgrade to MediaPlayer 7 which I hated. I installed other video viewers (quicktime 5, Power Player) but did work,so does anyone know where I can download these decompressors files?

thanks

------------------
    No one cares how hard you worked,
    they want result!
    No one cares how hard you worked,
    they want result!

ibennetch

sorry, I don't really have much input; except to say that on my win98 system, my security settings prevented me from downloading the decompressor - i changed them to something less secure and didn't have any trouble...imagine that, MS finds their own site insecure....

Try going here:

http://www.moviecodec.com/

They have instructions on how to find out what codec you need and links to the codecs themselves.

------------------
    ======
    orange
    ======
    orange

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning -+- Rich Cook