No My Documents when saving a file

Thread: No My Documents when saving a file

Arrow No My Documents when saving a file

When saving a jpg file from Outlook, I cant find My Documents anywhere when I use the drop down to explore.I can see all other Directories.Saving other file types seem to work.I have used different image viewers, no luck...
    Thanks

If you know the name of the file you just saved, go to start, search, for file. Type the file name in the blank field. You will get a list of all files on your C: drive, or whatever other drive you have. The complete path of the file is displayed.

Are you saying that you can't see "c:\my documents" when you are saving a *.jpg attachment, but if you save any other extention you do see that directory?

If I read you correctly, that is weird. I can't say I have a solution.

Perhaps if you restate your question, someone can help...

Ya_know
    You nailed it thats whats happening
    It is wierd Ive never seen it

I know that the location of the "My Documents" folder is user customizable. (I renamed mine to "Documents") Maybe that definition has been corrupted. <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe" target="_blank">TweakUI</a> will allow you to change or reset it.

BTW, you didn't tell us what OS yer usin...

Smile

Probably a stupid question, but have you scaned for a virus lately, if so, updated the definition files for it? I've heard of and seen a few viruses before that make icons and certain directories disappear, but not like this. Good Luck!

os is 98se
    in the drop down to save the file there is no my documents
    I can get to my documents any other time
    Though my computer, Explorer, on when saving any other file, using the drop down or any other way
    I can even save a jpeg in my documents when its not in Outlook
    strange...

Just a thought

Is Outlook trying to find My Documents under c:\Windows\Profiles\UserName, but you have windows set to AllUsers share same settings?

I don't use Outlook, but if it is 2k all the apps look for user profiles first. I admit I can't figure out why your save as box doesn't let you see My documents if it resides in C:\

Good luck!