2 Questions?

Thread: 2 Questions?

Lightbulb 2 Questions?

1 I'm trying to put 2 adequate computers togeather for my daughters on our peer to peer network. PC Gamer recommended the gigabyte GA-6VX7-4X as the cheap gamers MOBO. They paired it with a celeron 700.
    This was they're April edition. Has anythig really changed in the last 3 months or is this still a good (adequate) choice?

2 I recently purchased an asus A7V MOBO as it was reccomended in the same issue. I bought a T-Bird 1.0Ghzw200/266 FSB I want to run games of the quality that Pcgamer puts out with it's mag. It's fun to play the demo's and make them work!! I got 256mb pc133 ram. Will this work or did I get screwed?
    HP Laptop 6830s with 4 Gbs ram and a 250gb HDD I run Vista business 64bit. But I have some old computers too.

In answer to your second system: I don't know. Gaming is as dependant on the graphics card as it is on the rest of the system. However, so far the specs look GREAT, and you will be able to play any game on the market, so long as you have a decent graphics card.

When it comes to putting a cheap system together for gaming, you really should go with an Athlon. They are cheaper than the PIII with better performance. Remember to invest an decent amount in the graphics card, I would recommend a GeForce 2 GTS (~$170), or for the budget a GeForce 2 MX (~$99).
    Matt

"If you have been tempted into evil, fly from it. It is not falling into the water, but lying in it, that drowns"

Smile

Thanks I'm going to use pricewatch to put a good system to geather-- using Duron's!
    HP Laptop 6830s with 4 Gbs ram and a 250gb HDD I run Vista business 64bit. But I have some old computers too.

I would recommend you try those guys:

very easy to build a system with them and prices are quite good too.

http://www.xtechnology.com/