[RESOLVED] 2HD-win95-NT?

Thread: [RESOLVED] 2HD-win95-NT?

Dangie

2HD-win95-NT?

Hi!

I have bought a HD and formated it with
    two partitions. One Fat16 on C and one NTFS on D. The C(Fat16) is the NT-Boot partition.
    How do I connect my old HD with Win95(only one large partition on c FAT 32) to my computer so that I can choose at startup if i want to go for NT or Win 95???
    My motherboard has two DH/CD-connections. One is currently connected to my CD ther other to one of my HD.

How do I proceed?

/Dangie

Darren Wilson
    For starters you will need to convert th efile system on your large drive back to FAT16 as NT cannot work on FAT32 partitions ( although there is a patch available that will let NT read FAT32 partitons but not use them ), although MS are promising that NT5 ( Windows 2000 or whatever they will call it ) will operate on FAT32 partitions. The only way ( apart from starting from scratch ) is to change the boot sequence in the bios to whichever drive you want to boot from.

Also I think that to dual boot win95/98 & NT together you will need to install them on the same partition ( if I am wrong please correct me and let me know how ), and you need to install win95/98 first.

chimera
    for dual booting to 95/98 and nt, just have to make sure that 95/98 is installed first on c partition and then install nt anywhere you like. nt installs boot menu to give startup choice of os to boot. don't have to be on the same partition.