kt7a raid usb problem

Thread: kt7a raid usb problem

Angry kt7a raid usb problem

why wontthe usb on this damn board work no matter what o/s i use and what settings i change i just cant get the usb to work.
    i have loaded the via 4 in 1 final as well as the usb chipset driver and when i use a usb device my p/c's freeze.
    any idea's????

CobraTekMax

Have you reserved an IRQ for USB in the BIOS? Make sure that it isn't sharing with any other devices in your system. USB will always share an IRQ with slot 3 on the KT7 series boards.

Check out Paul's Unofficial KT7 FAQ. He has some tips for getting USB to work on the KT7A-RAID. Also, take a look at www.usbman.com, which is geared more toward just USB.

In all honestly, though, the Via USB controller is very problematic, and in my experience, I've found it to only be good for basic devices, like mice, keyboards, and joysticks. If you can't get it working after going through the suggestions at Paul's FAQ and Usbman's site, then my advice would be to disable the onboard USB controller, and pick up a USB PCI card, preferably one with an Opti chipset.

I have the same issues with my vp6. I ended up just disabling the usb controller and putting in a firewire/usb combo card. Works great now.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Darren Wilson

Make sure that you install the VIA USB Filter 1.08 else you will have problems. I use the same board and all four USB sockets are filled and no problems under Windows 2000.