[RESOLVED] Unable to use A drive(floppy) or CD rom after re installing windows 95

Thread: [RESOLVED] Unable to use A drive(floppy) or CD rom after re installing windows 95

Lawrence Berman

Unhappy Unable to use A drive(floppy) or CD rom after re installing windows 95

I was running Win95 on my Designote II notebook from ICL. this has a floppy drive which can be removed and replaced by a CD rom drive. I reinstalled a different version of Windows 95 which has Hebrew language support. During installation windows set up complained it could no longer ead the CD rom drive. Now Windows freezes if I try access the A drive or the CD rom. I can only use the A drive under DOS. How do I remedy this disaster?

Kman

Lightbulb

I would check my autoexec and config sys to ensure that the D drive (cdrom) is loaded.

Have you checked the Device Manager?
    Is your Bus Master driver okay? What about the Floppy Disk controller? Is it okay too?
    If not, that's your problem. Remove it and let the system install it again.
    You didn't mention the version of W95 you're using. W95 or W95 OSR2?

------------------
    [email protected]
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

go in in SAFE MODE (has to be safe mode or you wont see everything thats really there)
    check device manager under cdroms and under disks, remove all cdroms and floppy disks listed, reboot and see if it works after win95 redetects them

[This message has been edited by JeanneD (edited July 14, 1999).]
    "Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do"