[RESOLVED] how do u open files that look like the window icon

Thread: [RESOLVED] how do u open files that look like the window icon

tpm

Resolved [RESOLVED] how do u open files that look like the window icon

There r some files on my cpu that won't open. They look like a little piece of paper with a a windows icon on it. I click it and a thing pops up that asks what I want to open it with. I try something and it won't open. It says something like "file format not supported. What do I do? What do I need? How do I get it? PLEASE email me as a reply to [email protected]

Cool

In my exsperience, you need to know what program created the file. you can ussually determine this by right clicking on the file and choosing properties, then msdos name, which will be an 8.3 name eg:whatisit.txt. or runme1st.com or somthing like that. if it is a windows longfile name which has been shrank it would have a ~.*** as the lat characters (*** being a universal describer for whatever may actually be there.)if it ends in a .zip, you need winzip, if it ends in an .arj you need winrar(i believe) anyway, post the msdos name and we will have a better chance of helping.

SB Trader

if you have a good word processor many of these contain conversion routines.....
    you should try opening them in notepad....when the program displays the list, select notepad and make sure to uncheck the box stating always use this program to open file.....submit the file name with .XXX and possibly we can ID