Corrupt cab files during win95 installation

Thread: Corrupt cab files during win95 installation

Post Corrupt cab files during win95 installation

I seem to be getting this error everytime i try to install win 95 that i have corupt .cab files on my win 95 cd. Iv tryed 2 diffrent cd's (the customers and mine ) with the same result on both tryes. Iv checked all bios, and jumper settings on MB and they are all fine.. note: had to format the drive due to virus infection and damage, This is also a new MB, CPU, Memory in this system due to being zapped by a power surge (or possibly virus) not sure witch couldent get the system to show up a scareen of any sort. after teh above swap out of new components the system worked great for the 48 hour burn in and worked for a few days at the customers then started getting strange errors upon installing a virus scanner and letting it do its job the system was unbootable so formating was inorder

Darren Wilson

try changing the cd-rom drive.

well now i have swapped out the cdrom for another one and now i dont get the corupt cab file ... no the system frezzes after the screen that says installing files needed for setup ???? now what ?

sft008

Lightbulb

1) Wipe out your drive clean. FDISK it.
    2) Scan it with Virus Scan and make sure your boot disk is clean.
    3) Try different IDE Cables.
    4) Try changing yoru RAM.

sft008

Lightbulb

1) Wipe out your drive clean. FDISK it.
    2) Scan it with Virus Scan and make sure your boot disk is clean.
    3) Try different IDE Cables.
    4) Try changing your RAM.

If this is an FIC VA-503+ motherboard,
    installing the drivers update for the VIA chipset creates user.cab and a couple other cab files in whatever folder it was expanded
    to. Somehow?? Windows finds these files during setup and delivers a "corrupted .cab file" message. After drivers are installed,delete these cab files before running Setup.There is nothing wrong with your W95 CD.

[This message has been edited by Grafman (edited August 03, 1999).]
    Are we havin' fun yet?

thanks for all the info ... i seem to have this figured out now i installed the drive into another system and had no troubles ...using the same cdrom and HD ... the bios on the original system was damaged by the CIH virus or similar virrus