[RESOLVED] Motherboard ID

Thread: [RESOLVED] Motherboard ID

Spat

Motherboard ID

ok...

Here the numbers i have...
    Motherboard type : i430vx

on the bottom left of the screen i get..

i430vx-2A59Ht55BC ...

according to the web site this should be a TYAN motherboard...after i contacted TYAN tech support... it is not one of their motherboard... what should i do???

My condolences. That is not a tyan board. Tyan uses a capital T. I had one of those boards come into my shop and I called award to check the manufacturer. They told me the manufacturer. Generic Taiwanese clone. That's what they have listed. It's one of those boards available for $40-$60 at computer shows and such. Very popular with hobbyists. about as stable as a high rise on the san andreas fault in my experience...

Dennis S.
    Maybe a PCCHIPS clone www.pcchips.com/m520.html or M525.html

Saldon
    Try http://www.ping.be/bios/ I was able to get a great deal opf info about my motherboard there.

flash
    Hey Spat:
    Yea, you're duped ... according to the Award page @ www.ping.be/bios/numbers.shtml you have an ILLEGAL version of the Award bios ... some tiawanese manufacturer copied it for use on their mboard; so .... we're not gonna have much luck identifying this thing. Look around the PC Chips or Amptron websites ... I bet you'll find a board that looks like yours. Try that BIOS update, but be sure to get a copy of yours first !!
    Have fun, DUDE .....