[RESOLVED] motherboard and memory ID ?

Thread: [RESOLVED] motherboard and memory ID ?

wolfklan

motherboard and memory ID ?

My system is a pentium 60 with a socket 4 MB . Manufacturer is unknown . The numbers on the MB are HA1Z402F00419 and MV5-V5P596 V2.0
    The memory simms are 72 pin non EDO . I have tried several other simms but they have not worked . The only ones that have worked are the 16 megs that came with the MB . Unfortunately those 2 chips are now failing. The simms have no names on them but the chips are NEC with the numbers 421000-70 and 9511FUD14 . There are 2 stickers on them with the numbers V603741 and 62178400227 . I built the system out of old junk that my friends were throwing away as I could not afford a new one . Any ideas on where I can get these memory simms?

EDO SIMMs usually work in Pentium machines, but non-EDO should work in anything. Unlike 486's, most Pentiums also need the SIMMs installed in matching pairs. I've also had some problems in the past with motherboards that don't like double-sided SIMMs (8's and 32's are usually double-sided). Anyway, if the memory that worked before was non-EDO and you want to find a good deal on some used RAM, I would suggest going to eBay ( www.ebay.com ) and trying to find a pair of non-EDO 8 or 16 MB SIMMs.

------------------
    Altoplanos Information Systems, Inc.
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho USA
    www.altoplanos.net
    Navin: "The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!"

wolfklan
    I have tried both EDO and non EDO simms . I have used 4's , 8's and 16's . The 2 simms in it now are doublesided 8's with gold contacts . I have also tried tin as well .
    A friend suggested that the memory simms could be proprietary to the motherboard . He said that he had come across this with old IBM's that would only take IBM memory .

hi,i think that the best thing to do would be to get another board as i would think that your mobo is shot,that is what made you figure your memory`s were failing and that explains why it won`t tKE OTHER SIMM`S,you can pick out a board like this for about $20.00 dollars canadianwhich is about $12.00 us,matter of fact if you are willing to pay the shipping cost i will send you one with the cpu.for free,email me if you want it,Clauded

have you tried ram with parity as some older machines still need ram with parity and will not run otherwise those will come with a 4x36 on them

[This message has been edited by oldman (edited May 31, 1999).]
    you did WHAT with that computer!!!!

I think oldman is on the right track. If you count the no. of chips on you mem boards. Parardy mem will have an odd no. of chips (ie 3 or 9).

wolfklan
    There are 16 chips, 8 on each side

wolfklan
    Thanks for all your input . I have taken Claude up on his offer for the motherboard though . This way I know that I will have the problem beat once and for all .
    Tom