[RESOLVED] Opening multiple pics in IE

Thread: [RESOLVED] Opening multiple pics in IE

Gill

Resolved [RESOLVED] Opening multiple pics in IE

I have got my jpg file type opening up in Internet Explorer.
    When I select multiple files in Windows Explorer, then press return to open them, many IEs fire up. As you can imagine, this is really slow.
    On my other [home] computer, when I do this one IE fires up and I am able to go through the pics using the back button. GR8!
    How can I change my work computer to do the same?

Why don't you use an Image Viewing utility, such as ACDSee?

Just a thought..
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Gill

Because my hard disk is choc-a-block full, and I don't want to put any more software on it.

You will have Paint, though, won't you, as part of Windows set-up, so use that. You can either just open through Paint (set file type to .jpg) or re-associates .jpg's to open with paint (mspaint.exe I think) through folder options (file types)

Good luck

ACDSee is not a large program.
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Cool

If your hard disk was completely full, you likely wouldn't be able to start your computer!

Try www.irfanview.com - it's free and small.

Internet Explorer is not designed for viewing images. Either ACDsee or IrfanView will let you view the images one at a time, then go to the next by pressing space, or go back by pressing backspace!

Gill

There's another problem with putting more software on my hard disk - this is a company computer, and network policy forbids installing anything other than company software.
    The Paint software basically does the same thing, opening multiple Paint windows. This is an improvement, as it is quicker than IE to start up, but I would prefer just one window.

If this is Windows Explorer goto View - Folder Options - Customize Settings - and set the option to browse in one window only.
    To each his/her own.

Smile

Hi All,

You could also just set Windows Explorer - If win98/Me/2000 to view as thumbnails??

Browse te directory and you will see all the images in that directory.
    Damon Campbell (MCSE)
    New Zealand

Gill

Thanks Damon, but it's NT.
    Likewise CJK - this sounds exactly what I am looking for, but Folder Options is not present in my View menu, presumably because it's NT. [I have 95 at home].
    ps How do you know my parents?

Originally posted by Gill:
    <STRONG>Thanks Damon, but it's NT.
    Likewise CJK - this sounds exactly what I am looking for, but Folder Options is not present in my View menu, presumably because it's NT. [I have 95 at home].
    ps How do you know my parents?</STRONG>
    You still have the ability to open in one window. For the life of me I cannot remember where (I am on 2000 now) open a my computer window and go to view\options I think, then set it to browse in one window only, as the post above said
    Never underestimate the power, or aggrevation, of stupid users in mass numbers..

Gill

Thanks Jeff. I found this option in My Computer [it is not in Windows Explorer].
    I have checked it, and re-booted, but no change - I still get multiple windows opening. I presume that this option refers only to exploring, not opening the files..?