Logitech Trackman Marble & NT Ws 4.0

Thread: Logitech Trackman Marble & NT Ws 4.0

Logitech Trackman Marble & NT Ws 4.0

My Trackman Marble was shipped with Mouseware 7.0 for DOS/W3.1/W95. Logitech has posted an
    upgrade Mouseware 8.3 for W9x/NT; it can stand alone, but to be fully functional it must install over an earlier version of Mouseware - no problem for W98.

NT, however, is a different story. I can install the 8.3 upgrade by itself, but things do not work well. It is probably because NT seems to use a single driver for all PS/2 devices (MS & IBM - a marriage made in Hell). On one hand, if I install the appropriate MS keyboard driver, the mouse funtions reasonably well as a 2-button MS-style mouse, but I get an error msg in boot. However, the conflict reported doesn't seem to affect the operation of anything at all, at least not yet. On the other hand, if I install the appropriate Logitech mouse driver, the keyboard works fine and the mouse functions properly as a 3-button Logitech mouse except that the cursor moves in a slow and annoyingly awkward manner regardless of any adjustments made under the mouse icon in settings.

I haven't tried installing Mouseware 7.0 in NT and doing the 8.3 upgrade. Should I?

Logitech is unapproachable. Their website says to contact a retail outlet for the full version of Mouseware 8.3. However, no one stocks this, and no one seems willing to order it. Agggggggghhhhh!

This problem is solved. Borrowed Mouseware 8.2.