[RESOLVED] About the Asus motherboard

Thread: [RESOLVED] About the Asus motherboard

goks92

Question About the Asus motherboard

After i bought this motherboard and put in my 900 tbird, my computer always locks up after i load the motherboard software right at the win 98 screen, what can i do about this?

condor

Question

Okay .. is it just me or no one can understand this ..

Originally posted by goks92:
    After i bought this motherboard and put in my 900 tbird
    - What Motherbaord ? Model..
    - What's the Hardware Specs...
    - What Type of RAM PC-100/PC-133...
    - What Power Supply you have (Tbird requires specials PSU)

my computer always locks up after i load the motherboard software right at the win 98 screen, what can i do about this?
    - What Mother board software ?
    - What Version of win 98 (SE ?)
    - locks up - only reset button help or needs to press the Power swtich for a few seconds ?
    - Did you install a fresh copy of Win98 (format + install) or did you replace the Motherboard with the same windows installed ?
    - Does it load in safe mode ?

You see there are so many questions you need to answer before we can even start to propose any solution.

Please give us as much info as you can than we can be more helpful.

------------------
    Computers do exactly what you tell them to do - not exactly what you want them to do ...

[This message has been edited by condor (edited March 23, 2001).]

goks92

Question

Alright my motherboard is the a7v133, and i have a 250w power supply in there right now, i reinstalled win98se after i put the board in and everything, yeah after it locks up i can use the reset button. Asus gave me software to load the motherboard on. I also have pc100 ram, And another thing that doesnt work, when i put my ethernet card in, my internet doesnt work, everytime i try to click on IE it says "ie could not be opened because it couldnt find a server". thanks

WEST Computers

Start with just your motherboard, processor, memory and video card. Remove your NIC, sound, etc etc.

Boot up, press F8, select Safe Mode.
    Right click My Computer, select Properties, go to Device Manager. Click the plus sign in front of video adapter, highlight all adapters found and click Remove. Do the same with sound and games. Click the plus sign in front of Network Adapters and remove ONLY your network card (not dialup adapter or anything else you find there.)

Reboot. Your computer should find the video card again. Reinstall the driver for it.

I'm assuming you installed the via 4-in-1 drivers off the asus CD. If you didn't do it BEFORE installing the video card driver.

Continue to add cards back in 1 by 1. Install drivers and reboot after each. If you're running an SB-Live sound card, make sure it's in slot 3 (the one next to the AGP is slot 1)

Let us know how far you get before it freezes on you.

goks92

Ok, i did all that, thanks my computer doesnt freeze anymore but there is still a problem. i still get the same error when im trying to connect to the internet, it still says it cant find a host, should i have the ethernet card plugged in to a certain spot? do i have to have the wakeup lan for it to work, please respon ASAP

You're not making this real easy...Since you're talking about your internet connection and ethernet adapter together...Is it safe to assume you have a cable modem connection? Make sure the drivers for the ethernet adapter are properly loaded in the device manager. If checking that is beyond your current skills, you should probably find someone with more experience to show you how.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

To prove something, one must first try to disprove it.