[RESOLVED] How well do you guys keep your books?

Thread: [RESOLVED] How well do you guys keep your books?

CCTech

Question How well do you guys keep your books?

Hi guys, I work w/ my family and we own a computer store in our small town. We've sold & repaired PCs for about 5 years now, and its actually started to do really well. However, we have never had any actual "accounting" system. I was wondering how many of you out there have any real accounting system, or do you just keep up w/ receivables and payables? we pretty much did that until recently, now we are trying to keep up w/ everything. just wondering what you guys use/do about accounting for your business.

------------------
    -ChriS-

DesertEagle

Quickbooks Pro is all I use and it is great at the end of the year. I import all my data into Quicken format and hand it to my accountant with the receipts and he does all my taxes from that data. Easy and simple

------------------
    "Congress, the opposite of Progress"
    Gallagher

GirlGeek

I stink at bookkeeping so I've worked out a trade with the local accountant/bookkeeper. He does my books and makes me profitable and I make his computers run smoothly. Each are responsible for out of pocket expense but labor is pure barter.
    I have quickbooks pro, take him the weekly invoices, he inputs checkbook etc hands me a disk back and I can update things on my end, have access to client lists, reports etc.

------------------
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit, and
    the recipient who doesn't get it.

Sebring

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GirlGeek:
    I stink at bookkeeping so I've worked out a trade with the local accountant/bookkeeper. He does my books and makes me profitable and I make his computers run smoothly. Each are responsible for out of pocket expense but labor is pure barter.
    I have quickbooks pro, take him the weekly invoices, he inputs checkbook etc hands me a disk back and I can update things on my end, have access to client lists, reports etc.

</font>
    Now that is an arrangement I could use!!! Anyway, like DesertEagle, I use Quickbooks Pro and handle everything myself.

------------------
    Don't insult the momma alligator until AFTER you've crossed the river

I keep double records in Quicken and an Excel spreadsheet. I don't trust myself to be real accurate past midnight (usually when I finally have time to do the books) and the double entry lets me check myself a little better.

------------------
    Ya never know, ya know?
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

cabal

I have been using "plain vanilla" Quicken Deluxe but I am about to switch over to quickbooks since my accounts receivable has been growing.

I used to use a combination of Inventory/Quoting and Peachtree Accounting - then all that was sent to the accountant.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

We do our checking w/ Quicken and keep receivables , payables , inventory , etc. on Excel . I like Excel because we can set it up to do records any way we want , at the end of the year we just print out and give the info. to our accountant ( I HATE doing taxes)

AcId_BuRn

My boss programmed his own system. It keeps data and backs it all up on to zip automatically use fox pro to do it if your a simple programmer.

------------------

Thumbs up

Quickbooks is effecient and very user friendly.

------------------
    Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

CCTech

We used to use quickbooks pro, but the problems we are running into is that it does not keep track of serial numbers in a searchable field, so if we need to look up a system, or part that was sold, it takes a bit of doing. We are now using a program called Power POS. It's a point of sale program, but it has an integrated general ledger, receivables, payables, inventory, etc. It also has a way to keep up w/ RMA's. I think its gunna work out very well. It's a DOS based program, but so far it seems to be going pretty well. If you wanna check it out & get a free trial you can go to <a href="http://www.posintl.com">www.posintl.com</a>. Let me know if any of you guys keep track of serial numbers or anything like that.

------------------
    -ChriS-

DaOnly123Kid

yes i keep my books on the book shelf..... ohhhhhh......you meant my accounting.....don't ask, it sux

------------------
    There are 24 hours in a day, and 24 cans in a case of beer. Coincidence, I think not!!!

I use Quickbooks Pro and custom a POS system from my accountant.

------------------
    It's a dog eat dog world out there, and there isn't enough dog to go around. So get as much dog as you can, before all the dogs gone.
    It's a dog eat dog world out there, and there isn't enough dog to go around. So get as much dog as you can, before all the dogs gone.