[RESOLVED] Okay what does a geek look like ???
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Okay what does a geek look like ???

jimmr13

Resolved [RESOLVED] Okay what does a geek look like ???

Okay so I worked today and I'll be at the shop all by myself again tomorrow, And I don't mind a bit. I was in the back when the bell went off so I quit working on Mrs Peters new computer, And went out front, Standing at the counter was one of the nicest looking women I have ever had the pleasure to meet.I ask if I could help her and she said she didn't know !?? "you don't look like a computer geek ! Maybe I should talk to a Technician!" After telling her that this is my shop, and I am A Certified Technician,And also a Certified Systems Engineer she relaxed Said " you look more like a jock then a geek". Okay ?? I guess ??
    We went out to her Lexus and brought in her computer, Her friend put in a new sound card and now there is no sound, No problem, Well I fixed it, gave her our special Holiday rate, She said "you still don't look like a geek", and left.`Okay I give up WHAT DOES A GEEK LOOK LIKE ?

------------------
    If all else fails read the directions !

bcgreen

Talking

ALFRED E. NEWMAN ?????????????????

what me worry?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bcgreen:
    ALFRED E. NEWMAN ?????????????????

what me worry?
    </font>
    You have to be skinny, pale, no muscles, coke-bottle glasses, and a pocket protector loaded with screwdrivers and pens. I don't look like one either.

------------------
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092
    Yahoo Messenger: npaladin_2000
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092

evilcabbage

Cool

I try not to look like a geek, althought methinks the simpsons ties might be a give-away ...

GirlGeek

I'm so tired of preset misconceptions about what a geek should look like that I'm half tempted to respond to the next allegation with...wow....you don't look like an intelligent person..are you really?

------------------
    Now...if I could only defrag my brain...

Darren Hensley

Check the websters dictionary. You will find my picture there!!! No? Ok! try the Dilbert cartoon strip.

------------------
    I have the cure for ESTO, PEBCAK, and ID10T diseases. A 14lb sledge hammer.

jimmr13

Cool

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GirlGeek:
    I'm so tired of preset misconceptions about what a geek should look like that I'm half tempted to respond to the next allegation with...wow....you don't look like an intelligent person..are you really?

</font>
    Yo Ms. Geek, do you mind if I use that next time someone says I don't look like a geek?

------------------
    If all else fails read the directions !

GirlGeek

Cool

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jimmr13:
    Originally posted by GirlGeek:

</font>
    Yo Ms. Geek, do you mind if I use that next time someone says I don't look like a geek?

Be my guest Mr. Jimmr13. Up to this point I've just smiled like a then handled their problems but I'm getting really tired of it.

------------------

we should send photos and make a composite of us "geeks"
    would be eye opening
    you did WHAT with that computer!!!!

LORE

I would post my picture for the arcive of geekdom, but, I am wanted in 27 countries, I don't want anyone to catch on to where i am!!!

------------------
    We may be through with the penguin, but the penguin may not be through with us

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GirlGeek:

</font>
    Most people who try to look intelligent do so for a reason...because they aren't so. But to tell, the truth, I'd rather people thought I looked like a geek. Most of what I get is people thinking I'm a good-looking guy, actually...which is a bad thing....because they also figure I must be awfully shallow. I agree that people shouldn't judge by looks, but try telling the rest of the world that.

------------------
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092

Red face

*covers my face*
    Yeah, don't l look like Ricky Martin from this angle?

The only people who assume intelligence is the antithesis of beauty, posess neither.

------------------

BreakWindows
    'The local papers called Bill Gates' appeal the "Empire Strikes Back". l like that...at the end of Empire they burned down the Deathstar'
    BreakWindows
    God told me to skin you alive..

GirlGeek

[/b][/QUOTE]
    Most people who try to look intelligent do so for a reason...because they aren't so. But to tell, the truth, I'd rather people thought I looked like a geek. Most of what I get is people thinking I'm a good-looking guy, actually...which is a bad thing....because they also figure I must be awfully shallow. I agree that people shouldn't judge by looks, but try telling the rest of the world that.

[/B][/QUOTE]

I hear ya Paladin, but what does a geek look like? Some people I've met seem to think a geek shouldn't wear lipstick.

------------------

CREEPINGDEATH

Lightbulb

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by evilcabbage:
    I try not to look like a geek, althought methinks the simpsons ties might be a give-away ... </font>
    hehe simpsons kick ***.

------------------
    Oh god I hope I didn't brain my damage...

I hear ya Paladin, but what does a geek look like? Some people I've met seem to think a geek shouldn't wear lipstick.
    [/B]</font>
    Why shouldn't geeks wear lipstick? The female ones anyway, I mean..heh. I dunno how many times I've repeated this (probably a lot) but I'de give ANYTHING to see a female computer geek (wearing lipstick or no) in this area of NY state....see there aren't any...not a one. It really sucks.

------------------
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092