[RESOLVED] How do you deal with working computers all day???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] How do you deal with working computers all day???

Garlin_Green

Post How do you deal with working computers all day???

I personally need a beer after the day is done cause working with the microsoft all day i absolutly need one.

------------------
    The Gates of Hell are open and ready to engulf the Packard Bells in its eternal flames of damnation.

Darren Wilson

I don't! I just sit here on front of my home system for as long as I am awake (and as long as the girlfriend and little boy ) will let me!!! A lot of the time you will learn something new by using your PC after you have been working hard all day on customers. But I do agree a beer does go down well (if you drink alcohol).

------------------
    Darren Wilson
    Webmaster
    The Carpers Lodge.net
    The Webs Number One Resource for Today's Carp Angler.

FLAMERS

Antimatter

Cool

Dammit. I can't disagree. I'm having by after work beer right now.
    A good thrash on the motorcycle works wonders after a hard day as well(b4 the beer of couse)! GP500 is good on a rainy day.

poida217

A beer followed by a game or two of unreal tournament

------------------
    I can't get lost, everyone tells me where to go.

Ian Hayter

A beer followed by a good old fashioned game of asteroids...

LagMonster

I am still not old enought to Drink... The legal age where I live is 21 years old and I am 20! But I don't like beer any way. I just sit back drink a cold pop(Mountin Dew is my favorite) and play FPS games until the Girl wants me off or a friend comes over and wants to play Red Alert or something =)

lgrimm

I don't like beer, but have been considering alcholism, maybe with magraritas? Have also thought about starting to smoke.....YUCK!!! I need to develop some stress releiving habit though!

------------------
    Ever stop to think....and forget to start again?

"Mmmm..... Beeeeeeer!" -Homer Simpson-

I would have picked up smoking, but evidently it's bad for your computer.

Beer is good though. Beer has never harmed a computer that didn't deserve it.

------------------
    Science is cool. Watch me science little critters to death: http://oberon.spaceports.com/~4science/
    --------------------------
    Laugh at your problems... Everybody else does!

Fierce1

Talking

I am on my computer either at work, at home or both for like 12-14 hours a day....I think I may be an addict. But, you do learn things just by tinkering, and yes a good beer or a quick frag session on quake helps end the day.

Gotta get Red Alert though....need something new.

------------------
    Things to to when your bored at Wal-Mart...

Set all the alarm clocks to go off at ten minute intervals throughout the day.

SavageDolphin

Beer is my friend. I'd rather have hard liquor, tho. When I have a rough day, I have either a bloody mary or a dirty martini. A really rough day involves tequila or bourbon.

------------------
    "In a 32-bit world, you're a 2-bit loser..."

archangel

Tequila man here. Nothing beats a good quality (no Cuervo crap) tequila. Goes down smooth, no chaser needed.

------------------
    www.el-mono.com

corelogik

Exclamation

I dont "deal" with working on computers. i love it so its like second nature to me.
    i do like a good beer though. id have to say that a samuel adams or a heinekin goes down smooth after a long day at work.

im one of those who are guilty of smoking around his PC but i also have a HEPA air filter on the end of the desk as way of attonement. the only time the PC is at any risk of damage from me and my smokes is if its not cooperating.

------------------
    CoreLogik - "I Control Your MotherBoard"
    Emotion Is Irrelavant
    Dale Earnhardt (1951-2001)
    May He Rest In Peace

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by corelogik (edited February 21, 2001).]

Cool

Computers are great love working on them it's the end users ie customers that <h3>hose them up</h3>. It's not the Computers fault that they have a dumb end user pushing the mouse around but hey it's those tech want to be's and end users that pay the bills/.

------------------
    Computer Shop Owner A+ COMPTIA Lifes a Beach
    Computer Shop Owner A+ COMPTIA
    Tampa Bay Communications Inc
    http://www.smokinparts.com/smokinpartslogo

low.tech

i thank God every day that he allowed man the wisdom to build these wonderful machines.
    if it wasn't for computers i'd probably be in a ditch somewhere.

------------------
    c:\dos
    c:\dos\run
    run\dos\run

x_789

Crack

------------------
    No really That paper thingy you took out of the box with all the words on it was not packing material its called a "MANUAL"