Excellent Diagnosis, Doctor

Thread: Excellent Diagnosis, Doctor

Cool Excellent Diagnosis, Doctor

As most of us do PC troubleshooting regulary, I thought it would be a nice idea for a thread.

So then what is the best/worst/funny diagnosis story you have.

I always like the users who can look at a flashing light in their car and make a rational decision to the nature of the problem. Yet do the same with a PC and its:

User - Err, It says scandisk found an error. Press a key to continue. What do I do now??
    Good day to be alive, sir
    Good day to be alive he says, yeah

procrastination

"What did your error say?"

"KERNEL32.DLL failed to initalize. Or something like that... But its ok because I never use my CD Player."

"Ok, well it looks like you have everything under control. Let me just close out this job as 'user needs no further assistance'."

I think he will be back...

What do you guys think?

late

PRO

procrastination

Guess what computer was in my office this morning?

WHAT A SUPRISE!!! I could hardly believe it. I mean, the user told me himself that he didn't use his CD Player..?!

LOL

late

PRO

Smurf Village : 3rd house on the left next to the wishing well

The one fix that sticks out in my mind goes back a few years.

I was called out to a flickering monitor atd a school so I loaded a replacement monitor in the car and drove out the site. I find the monitor and sure enough it was flickering so I swapped out the monitor. Guess what same fault. OK swapped the video card, still flickering. So I'm thinking what else could be causing this fault I decided to swap the power supply switched the PC on and ... OK you guessed its STILL FLICKERING.

I began looking round the office for anything that could cause the flickering on the screen, The only thing I found was strip lighting located 15cm away from the back of the monitor. BINGO I thought I had found it, switched the strip lights off, fired up the PC and STILL flickering. So I move the PC onto the floor and switch it on and find out it has no flicker, Move the PC on the desk it has a flicker again.
    I switched off all the lights all plugs EVERYTHING I could think of in the office and try again, Still nothing.
    For some reason I asked the user what was in the office next door cause I could find nothing in her office to explain the problem. When we went next door I discovered the main electrical substation for the entire school located 2 feet away from where the PC was situated on the desk. No wonder it was flickering.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Codename "PapaSmurf" 007 :

Past Missions : Protecting the world from the Goldeneye Kid - Status Complete
    Undercover as a International Playboy photographer : Status Complete
    Bodygaurd for the Victoria Secrets girls : On going job