right now im a hardware/general tech and i get to dip my fingers into decent networks now and then. everything i know today has come with a lot of hardwork and an undying interest to learn new things.
i was browsing through the want ads on a sunday recently looking the available computer jobs. some of this crap is unreal...
*5+ years HTML experience*

*..the ideal candidate will have a b.s. in computers, be msce(and or cne), 5 + years in UNIX, be proficient is vb and or c/C++. (or oracle, something like that)*
-i called one day about it just as a *joke*...starting pay was around 55K/a year.

personally id die to be able to meet most of those requirements. honestly though, where am i supposed to get these resources to get this "education?"

secondly, i might know UNIX inside and out (i wish i knew a smidgen of unix), but i cant even get a look if i dont meet the bare requirements.

which brings me to my point. its kind of hard to get some of these jobs with out experience. but then again where do you get the experience. cant pull it out your arse. and even if i knew unix (for whatever reason), it normally doesnt count if it wasnt professional experience.

any of you "older" techies hav any insights for the younger generation on gaining more experience in fields you have no experience in?

what about you younger guys, such as myself (im 22). any of you run into this? how do you cope with it and work around it?

------------------
prompt $p$g [dos = elite]