Virus Collection

Thread: Virus Collection

Cool Virus Collection

How many of you guys collect viruses?
    I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.
    I have a CD-RW containing more than 50-60 infected files, which I collect from customers' machines.

I'm not doing anything nasty, I'm just collecting them!

What about you?

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

iateyourcat

i thought about it but the shot of penicilin seemed a better answer.

------------------
    =-iateyourcat-=

Why go to the trouble of collecting your own ? Plenty of dodgy sites out there keep them ready zipped for you to download ! ... I'd make SURE my virus checker was up to date before going any where within a cyberspace block of a place like that ! ... somewhere like http://www.virusexchange.org/tally/full.html will point you in the right (wrong ? ) direction.
    Might just come in handy for the day you get fired from a job you don't like, though, leave them a little something to remember you by ... . not that I'd EVER consider doing that ... lol
    I think I know just enough to know how much I don't know... I think...

I've currently got about 100 or so virus on floppy that are tucked away so I don't use them by mistake. It's not enough to fill a cd yet.

------------------
    .·°Danrak°·.
    Do you need a silencer if you are going to shoot a mime?
    Tech Handbook Filling your computer needs.

Exclamation

I started a collection, with Monkey.B, and Screaming Fist. Just not enough exposure for me to collect 'em all, though.
    We had one customer bring a new computer in because it wasn't working properly. I found the NBR virus on it. I asked what software had been loaded (this was a restaurant computer, which handled the orders). "Oh, just the software for the orders."
    I asked to see it, and sure enough, it had the NBR virus on it. I asked the consultant who was down from Toronto to set up the system for the customer if I could see his laptop. Oh, hey, there's where the NBR virus originated...what's this? Monkey.B, Junkie, Stoned? He had 6 viruses in total infecting his system.

------------------
    ***the Beast
    - Fate drove me here...then told me to get out of the car...
    ***the Beast
    - That's right...uh-huh... Who's laughing now? WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!

Actaully I do keep a small collection of them(ones I've gotten off of customer machines and a few that I've encountered elsewhere). Some of the more nasty variants we've passed along to Norton and Network Associates. Some of the trojans and worms are enough in design and execution to amaze me and some I keep because of the havoc I remember them causing me!
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent

CobraTekMax

Talking

Well, I know this one girl who collects all kinds of STDs. Herpes, gonerhea, etc. Oh wait, you mean computer viruses. Yeah, I've got tons of them. Just under 300 on a CD that I'm saving...just in case.

------------------
    Clatu...Verata...nnnn...necktie...nectur...nickel. ...it's definately an "N" word...

Cable Modem Tech

i have a few of them darn viri laying around on floppies.... you never know!!! navidad, happy 99,i love you etc...