[RESOLVED] printing BIOS settings

Thread: [RESOLVED] printing BIOS settings

Jackketch

Cool printing BIOS settings

Does anyone know of a way to print out the BIOS settings/screens? I want to record my settings but writing it all down is a drag.

You can use "tweaker" utility (I think, Windrivers.com have that util)to get into BIOS settings and use any screenshot utility for saving settings in grafic file. By the way, "Tweaker" util has very usefull "help".

can you do a prints scrn then paste it into paint after you boot ?
    "We have assumed control"

Originally posted by Jallentino:
    No. That won't work. Back in the old days (8088's, 286's...) some of the systems would let you printscreen straight to your printer from BIOS--that was pretty cool...
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

actually the "print SCreen" will work but you must have a hardware printer (one that doesn't use windows GDI to print..)
    and with DOS Support. although those are not very common today you can still find a few...

Can try using CTBIOS. It comes as CTBIOS.zip and contains two programs. One for BIOS details and other for PCI devices details.

Very small 67 kb and free.

Good utility.
    Together we can change the world !
    Come let us make it happen !!

Angry

Originally posted by Jallentino:
    I tried it myself and it wouldn't work. I agree with the others, just download a utility that can do this....what is wrong with writing it all down? Just kidding
    Show me the money!!

Found one small util,what seems do storing CMOS contents into small binary file, and can restore CMOS settings using that file.
    But...all messages and readme file is written in Russian.

hey jackketch, i agree with the other posts a utility would do the trick. i had a friend of mine who used his digital camera and took pix's of each screen and opened it up in ms picture it and printed it bigger. he swore by it......i personally write down the important ones,(that i may forget) and memorize the others. when all else fails f6 for defaults.....................
    carpe diem and alba gae bragh!

Originally posted by britaries:
    hey jackketch, i agree with the other posts a utility would do the trick. i had a friend of mine who used his digital camera and took pix's of each screen and opened it up in ms picture it and printed it bigger. he swore by it......i personally write down the important ones,(that i may forget) and memorize the others. when all else fails f6 for defaults.....................

The manual that came with my boards had all the setting written in it. I just made notes of the ones I changed. Usually next to the setting written in the book. It was a lot less writing and confusing!