USB Epson and Via Chipset....argh!!!

Thread: USB Epson and Via Chipset....argh!!!

Angry USB Epson and Via Chipset....argh!!!

I'm desperate for any ideas with this. I've got a guy with a T-Bird 700 and FIC AZ-11 MB. Been trying to get a Epson Stylus 670 to hook up with UBS connection. The bus keeps timing out. I've updated the Epson drivers and the VIA chipset drivers(both parties claim it's the others fault.) Uncle Bill's website mentions some compatability issues with Epson and VIA usb, but I hope I can work around it. All other USB devices work fine, Epson has "obliquely" hinted that VIA+EpsonUSB=Not a snowball's chance....btw any other USB devices i've tried have worked flawlessly on this system,...any ideas? (yes, the printer with a parallel cable, and no, of course he does not wish to use it like that.)
    Thanks in advance!
    ------------------
    "I don't care about apathy."
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent

I'm sure you've tried this already but BIOS?

I have a different board but my computer at work's USB wasn't working right, as a last resort I updated the BIOS and it worked.
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

Question

have seen it before...go into the properties of the printer, and click on the general or details tab (can't remember for sure). There is a drop down box that lets you select the port, set it to USB. By default when you install the Epson drivers, it sets it to LPT1.
    A+ MCSE CCNA

Yup, BIOS up to date. The Epson Driver shows USB connection, I can even print the head alignment test, but attempting to print anything else from any other program, don't work, I'm begining to think its hopeless...that's was pretty much Epson's/VIA's response. I'm wondering is this indicative of using VIA with epson devices, I've run into a similar problem in the past with a Epson USB scanner, never did get it to work.
    (Sigh)
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent