I have a client who purchased a new ibm with windows me installed. They also got a new hp 642c printer. They had an existing hp laser 4 printer at the shop. When I installed the new printer driver, i kept getting lockups and fatal errors when i tried to print. so I removed the laser driver, and the 642c printed fine. i reinstalled the laser driver and tried to print to that and it just said error writing to lpt1.(if i Uninstall the 642c the laser prints fine) both print fine in dos. The bottom line is when both drivers are installed, neither works. I thought maybe it was a ME issue (I'm running into lots of these lately) so I downloaded the newest drivers from hp and it still didnt work. On another note, I had to bring the computer back to the shop to do some other stuff on it, and I took the printer as well just to see if I could fix that issue while I was at it, so I installed the 642c on my computer to see what happened and it worked fine on mine. So i changed the default back to my epson 850 and try to print an invoice (hadn't removed the hp driver yet) and now i get a timeout error on mine. I uninstalled the hp and the epson, and reinstalled the epson and still the same thing. I'm irritated now. My only backup printer is out of ink!!ANy suggestions? My next step is to call HP