Adobe PDFs

Thread: Adobe PDFs

Post Adobe PDFs

I just recently took over as head admin at the school where I work, and I'm having a small problem with a PDF that the admin before me created. The PDF is basically our student handbook, which was then printed out and made into little booklets for the kids. The only problem is that acrobat writer is not allowing me to change the document. According to the documents security settings, I can't do much of anything with it. I'm assuming that there's a password I have to put in somewhere, but I haven't the slightest idea what it would be, nor do I know where I'm supposed to enter it even if I did know what it is.
    I know that programs exist for getting the password out of zip files, and I'm wondering if there is anything like that for PDFs.
    Any help would be appreciated here, cause if I can't figure this out, I'll be retyping 33 pages of rules and regulations!!!

It may be a Windows NT problem and not an Adobe problem. That's really my only guess. Just make sure that you're an administrator, then check the permissions, and other file properties.
    Hard work often pays off in the long run, but Lazyness always pays off now.

I'm not using NT on this station. I found a program however. It's called Advanced PDF Password Recovery. It's made by a company called Elcomsoft. http://www.elcomsoft.com/

Thanks anyways!!