[RESOLVED] HP Brio PC's not shutting down ?...

Thread: [RESOLVED] HP Brio PC's not shutting down ?...

evilcabbage

Angry HP Brio PC's not shutting down ?...

Damn this POS computers, damn them to hell.

I have a pair of HP brio PC's, (running windoze 98) niether of which are terribly happy about shutting down. I have loaded windows shutdown patches, windows updates, and updates for the motherboard, to no avail.
    Also removed any software that may be offending shutdown, and Im starting to beat my head against a wall ...

Any ideas?... maybe get a stronger wall

poida217

Have they got network cards in them? If they do try removing them and see if they will shutdown, apparently they can sometimes cause problems.

------------------
    I can't get lost, everyone tells me where to go.

Sounds strange and off target, but lower the amount of cdrom supplemental cache for each system. control panel/system properties/performance/file system/cdrom. This seems to ease the "caching out" of each system and enables the system to perform the proper shutdown.

Hi,
    Which model numbers? You might try the link below...
    http://www.support.brio.hp.com/brios...l2/Driver.html

Hope this helps you out...Good Luck!
    DonJ

------------------
    Hey, it's all FM to me!
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Kjeld

Got anti-virus software running? I had the same problem, after all the patches, fixes, updates and stuff stiil wouldn't shut down. Then I checkjed the anti-virusprogram (McAfee) and unchecked the "Scan diskette at shut down". That ended the problem. Try it.

Rottieman

I have had the same issues with 95 & 98 machines. I found a VXD fix that may help.
    If you want I can email it.
    Are u running NAV? if so try and disable floppy scanning at shutdown.

------------------
    Fishing lets you get away from it all. Say you've gone fishing and they'll understand.

evilcabbage

Thanks for the help guys

Unfortunately, they are still playing up. Ive check through the NAV problems that happen a fair bit, removed NAV altogether, and generally played havoc with these brios. Taken network cards out, tried new ones, short of re-installing windows ( I dont think it'd help much either way) there aint much more to try. I have seen a few forums where there are a lot of people with similar problems, so at least I aint alone.
    Toodloo, and thanks again for the help.

-Camster da Cabbage