scanner card ISA need PCI ONE

Thread: scanner card ISA need PCI ONE

Question scanner card ISA need PCI ONE

Can you get a special card for a scanner that is a pci card. the scanner came with a ISA card but my new mother board does not have a ISA slot.
    the card lets the scanner comunicate directly to memory with out using IRQ'S DMA'S or such. so just looking to fing a replacement card. the scanner company and card company out of buisness.
    spot sf-600c is the card.

<a href="http://www.windrivers.com/script/drivers.asp?company=Spot" target="_blank">here is the driver and support site for spot</a>
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Many scanner interface cards are basically cut-down SCSI cards so you may be able to get it working on a PCI SCSI card. If your scanner lead is a 25pin D-plug then its most likely SCSI. Try a cheap SCSI card from Adaptec or similar - cheapest i've seen is around £25.
    orange

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning -+- Rich Cook