need emergency help for a friend!

Thread: need emergency help for a friend!

Tattoo addict

Post need emergency help for a friend!

I think I am screwed
    My system just *died*, shut down while multitasking in windows. When I rebooted I got this message:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and then it said I will log on with a temporary account and ALL changes will be lost when I reboot again.

Does anyone have ANY information on this? I am off to do some research on the problem.

in need of help,

I had a similiar problem recently and used a fix in technet to fix it.
    search on Q266446 hope it helps
    #3 1951-2001

You didn't say which operating system you use. It sounds like NT from the description of the problem. If so, login as administrator, and rename the affected users profile directory (unless administrator is the account that is hosed, then login as someone else with admin rights). Then, when you login as the other user, a new profile is created, and you should only need to copy over basic data from the renamed profile, and setup IE and EMail, or what have you. If this isn't the case, or this idea doesn't work let us know...

Question

If your using windows 2000, I have seen similar problems. My buddy fixed a simlar problem by getting all the updates and fixes put out by the manufactures. EX. Via puts out patches for all sorts of problems with corruption in windows 2000. Hope this helps, keep us updated...
    Hannibal Smith and Howlin Mad Murdock really do love Mr. T!

check it,

Login as administrator

right click the start button click Explore All users

Now rename your profile directory to somthing like jackson_ (it was jackson)

now log out and login. Windows 2000 will recreate the profile. If there are bookmars or icons you need just go into the old profile and get them. I have to do this at work.
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...uts/athlon.gif

Do you leak any fluids, do you have any bumps on your rear, do you have any unpleasant odors?
    If you answered yes to any of these then you are not qualified to own a new AMD ATHLON XP.
    If someone ask you if you are running the all-new fastest AMD ATHLON XP, just turn around and reply "WHY YES, AND ITS CERTIFIED"

http://www.daemonprojects.com/