[RESOLVED] ABIT MOBO

Thread: [RESOLVED] ABIT MOBO

potto2k

Resolved [RESOLVED] ABIT MOBO

I have a Yamaha 16x writer and was able to write at 16x all of the time, until I upgraded my gigabyte board to an abit kt7 raid. no i receive buffer under runs when copying at anything greater than 8x. I have updated/ flashed everything. I have tried using all ide channels for both the hd and writer (i'm writing from the hd). Any suggestions??

Thanx

System specks if they're any use:-

512 PC133 Memory
    IBM UDMA 100 HD 30gb
    Hercules 3D Prophet II
    650 Duron
    19" Monitor

CobraTekMax

Disable UDMA on the channel the burner is on.

------------------
    Clatu...Verata...nnnn...necktie...nectur...nickel. ...it's definately an "N" word...

potto2k

Done this...

Any more suggestions

I just bought and set up my first Abit RAID mobo a couple of days ago. When you set up the CD-R, did you set it up on the RAID IDE controller or the standard ones? Also, is the CD-R on it's own channel?

potto2k

OK, problem solved. It was a setting in the bios.

Now I need some tips on how to overclock. I know how to do this but whats a safe temp. to run at and how do i know if im running too high.

Thumbs up

Most Durons I've seen run from 38C normal operation to 45C stressed *and mildly overclocked* Running above 50C without a chrome or gold orb is not something I'd reccomend. I have seen them running at up 60C-80C massively overclocked with golden orbs.But I don't think I'd be that brave.
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent

potto2k

OK, explain this one.

I ran the test on Quake III and got 57.7 FPS with the process running at normal speed. I then o/c it to 750mhz (its a 650 chip) and got the same result.

I put it back to normal and o/c the core clock frequency on my video card (Hercules GeForce II MX) and the result was 51.1 I put the core clock speed back and o/c the memory. This gave me a result of 67.8.

Why didn't the processor and core clock o/c do any good??

Just out of curiosity, what BIOS setting was it?

As for your over clocking question, I can only hazard a guess, and that would be that the RAM is getting faster writes, but like I said, I am only guessing, so don't shoot me.

potto2k

Go into the first option in the bios where u set the cpu speed and enable everything (thats either enable/disable) and set the number option to 3. Reply again if ure not sure and i will have a look for u.

What do u mean by getting faster writes??

i believe faster writes mean that textures are moving faster through memory. I would think the speed compared to memory question could be due to the fact that once you reached the "terminal velocity" of q3a. thats as fast as it gets but if you increase the memory speed then you are loading things into and out of memory quicker which would account for the increased fps. Do I design video cards? No, but I did sleep in a holiday express last night
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)