[RESOLVED] cpu cooked replacement 1.4 amd

Thread: [RESOLVED] cpu cooked replacement 1.4 amd

becotech2000

Post cpu cooked replacement 1.4 amd

I have a tbird 1.4 that just cooked it self not over clocked ran for 6 days ok. do you think this would be covered under warnt. and also would this have damage the mb. abit kt7

Thanks for the help

pakprotector

becotech2000 it all depends on where you bought the CPU. If it's a local shop and OEM it's up to the establishment. Mine is an OEM 1 gig T-Bird and the local shop has a one year warranty (say's right on the receipt ). If it's a retail box then yes it's covered. If you bought from one of the web stores you will have to check their RMA policy. I know companies like New Egg and buyhotpc.com are very good. Some companies are not . Also yes there could have been some damage to the mobo. It would behoove you to take that into a shop you trust and have them check it.

------------------
    Peritissimos semper praevidere possumus, rudi autem periculosi sunt (Professionals are predictable, it is the amateurs who are dangerous)<br />

becotech2000

thank you pakprotector it is a oem and bought it threw my dealer.

rjsonnek

Exclamation

I don't know about NewEgg's CPU return policy. I recently bought parts for building a new home system for my boss, some from NewEgg, others from AxionTech (memory from Crucial).

I was going to buy the AMD T-bird 1.4 at NewEgg. When I hit the Checkout button, I got a screen stating their CPU return policy. 7 days from invoice return on retail product? That didn't bother me as much as the fact that if the price of the CPU had went down between the time that I bought it vs. the time that I returned it, that I would only be refunded the CURRENT CPU price!

Needless to say, Axiontech got my CPU order. I like NewEgg, but that was just too restrictive for my taste.

------------------
    "Of course I'm a Klingon!! Why do you think I have this outrageous brow ridge?!?!?"

Fubarian

If you bought a retail box CPU you could send it back to AMD...

this is why OEM cpu's suck

mineman

Talking

Had the same problem with a brand new oem 1.4. It started out working fine the about the third day of usage it started to overheat let it cool down then it just started to get real slow then just wouldnt post. I think amd is having some kind of production problem if you ask me. Anyway, Took it back to my supplier and they tested it out(tried to test it out) Anyway they replaced it on the spot no questions. M/B still working fine. Have run into an os problem but will eventually work that out.

bohr

I think AMD only manufactured the TB 1.4 GHZ as an oem cpu and no retail boxed ones.
    They knew these processors were at their speed limit and ran real hot because the existing core is maxed out. That's why they have the new Palamino core for t-birds and the Morgan core for Durons to allow higher speeds. I've noticed heat issues with these and their limited lifespan even with a good amd approved heatsink and fan.
    I only suggest to customers to invest up to the 1.33 ghz t-bird and avoid the 1.4ghz or wait until the Palamino core tbirds come out which is very very soon.

------------------
    COMPUTER PROBLEMS!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOUR COMPUTER HAS A PROBLEM! ALL THAT MATTERS IS THE ROCK IS GOING TO KICK YOUR COMPUTER'S CANDY *** ALL OVER WINDRIVERS DOT COM. CAN YOU SMELLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING
    ???????