[RESOLVED] how to convert aim bios to award bios... vise versa

Thread: [RESOLVED] how to convert aim bios to award bios... vise versa

walker

Resolved [RESOLVED] how to convert aim bios to award bios... vise versa

how to convert aim bios to award bios... vise versa... does anyone know? if u know.. plesse tell me step by step.. thank u

GJFowler

The BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) controls the interfacing of the CPU to the hardware devices on the motherboard, and provides the correct services to enable DOS/Windows and software applications to communicate correctly with these devices. An engineer like Ruslan would know better than me how likely it is to be able to successfully use a different brand of BIOS, but the existing BIOS (AMI, Award, Phoenix or whatever) will have been selected by the manufacturer to match the board, and will also have been licenced for the purpose, so there is also the legality to consider.

Why do you want to change the type of BIOS?

Later: OK I found your other post and now I get the picture. Many months ago on this forum, Ruslan posted instructions for recovering from a bad BIOS flash, search back through his posts & have a read. If you can get the correct BIOS file for your board, you MAY be able to re-flash it. You will need some stuff, like an ISA video card, to see if the board will still boot from the basic bootblock which if you're lucky won't have been flashed. Anyway, I suggest find Ruslan's instructions, & good luck. (I see some further useful info has been posted on your other thread later.)
    ------------------
    The platypus, proof God has a sense of humour.

[This message has been edited by GJFowler (edited September 09, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by GJFowler (edited September 09, 2001).]

walker

hehe.. I already fixed it.. I auto flashed the ami bios out of my award bios rom chip

thanks for trying to help anyway..

have a good day

[This message has been edited by walker (edited September 09, 2001).]

dlagace

Wer are not supposed to double post the same topic .

Just a friendly reminder.
    Danimal

------------------

"What works for One person May not work for Another"
    God Is My Judge

dLagace=DANIMAL