"Fan Below Threshold"

Thread: "Fan Below Threshold"

Post "Fan Below Threshold"

Hi, I just changed my power supply a few days ago and no the PC Probe from Asus said that both of my Power Fan and Chassis Fan are "below threshold" and blinking. What does that mean? and what should i do?

thanks for dropping by

------------------
    No one cares how hard you worked,
    they want result!
    they want result!

pakprotector

Worldsci when you switched out your supply did you you use the connectors on the motherboard (i.e. Pwr_Fan, Cha_Fan, etc.)? If you used the F_Fan connector it is not supported by ASUS Probe. As an aside the ASUS Probe is not very accurate it is off by as much as +20°C for temperature. A better program is MBM5. You can download it from here http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ . It's still not 100% accurate (it's off by about +5-8°C) but there is a setting to compensate. I have 2 ASUS boards an A7V133 & K7V and use MBM5 on both.

------------------
    Peritissimos semper praevidere possumus, rudi autem periculosi sunt (Professionals are predictable, it is the amateurs who are dangerous)<br />

Hi pakprotector,
    which fan connetor are you talking about? I'm not sure which fan is the software are referring to but the CPU is connected to the motherboard and that's it. I added two addictional fans to the case on the lower front and middle back and used standard connectors (Harddrive connectors) which I don't think it's a problem.
    However I think the Asus software are referring the one inside the power supply because I know it's abit weaker then the old power supply fan.
    So is there anything I can do about the power supply's fan? like boost up the rpm? I mean I can't feel the wind blowing outward ( I checked out by using a toilet paper and bring it close to the fan to determind whether it blows in/out ward).

thanks

------------------
    they want result!
    they want result!

pakprotector

Worldsci what type of ASUS motherboard do you have? On the K7V and A7V133 there are specialized plugs on the mobo that can be used to allow the ASUS Probe Software to monitor the fan rpm. It sounds as if maybe your power supply fan is not properly hooked up. The power fan connector on some ASUS mobo's is just above ATX Power connector (it's a 3 pin plug). There are also motherboard power connectors (also 3 pin) for the CPU fan, chassis fan and an extra connector called a F_Fan. All of these connectors, with the exception of the F_Fan, can be monitored by the ASUS software or MBM5. Only the fans connected via the motherboard can be monitored by the software.

------------------
    Peritissimos semper praevidere possumus, rudi autem periculosi sunt (Professionals are predictable, it is the amateurs who are dangerous)
    http://home-4.tiscali.nl/~t619162/phssthpo-tmb.jpg