[RESOLVED] Pent. Board issues HELP!!!

Thread: [RESOLVED] Pent. Board issues HELP!!!

altec1030

Resolved [RESOLVED] Pent. Board issues HELP!!!

???I bought a Super P6SBA mobo from a friend at a really good price. Now that I'm ready to start building I noticed that my board only supports up to 700MHz PentII/III chips. My question is I would like to buy a PentIII 733MHz chip. Can I successfully do that? Will I destroy anything? or is this where over-clocking comes in? And if it is...how do I accomplish this? Any help or comments would be great. Other info that may be helpful is: SuperMicro Motherboard P6SBA, Pent.III/II 233~700MHz, based on Intels 440BX chipset, 100MHz bus speed and 100MHz SDRAM. Book also says that it can handle up to 1gig of EDO @ 66MHz or 1gig of registered SDRAM memory<----what's the difference with this? Thanks guys and gals! Email me @ [email protected]

------------------
    BRYAN

Jallentino

Thumbs down

Nope. The 733mhz chip supports a 133 Mhz bus. You would need 133mhz RAM and your motherboard will not run 133mhz or the chip your asking about, thats probably why you got a "good deal" on the board. Good Luck.

3fingersalute

I tried to install a PIII/733 as a PIII/700 for a guy with a Gigabyte board that wouldn't go above 700 with no luck. Like stated above, the PIII/733 uses a 133Mhz FSB and if your board only supports 100Mhz FSB, your SOL !!

Better look for a better "DEAL" or settle for a slower processor!

------------------
    WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO TODAY?......Not that it matters, because Microsoft will crash on the way there!!!

altec1030

Thumbs up

Thanks for the replys. That is what I thought but I needed to confirm. Still not a bad deal for a PentIII even if I run it at 700MHz for only $30.00. Thanks again

------------------
    BRYAN