Automatic notification of IP address for remote support

Thread: Automatic notification of IP address for remote support

Post Automatic notification of IP address for remote support

Two W98 workstations in a workgroup. One workstation connects by ADSL to the internet through an Alcatel Speed Touch Pro modem and the connection is shared by this workstation for the other.

The IP address is assigned by the ISP and changes on a daily basis.

My problem is that in order to be able to connect for remote support I need to know the IP address.

Does anyone know of an app that will email me whenever the IP address changes so that I don't need to call and bother the client who is less than technically proficient anyway?

Thanks in advance,

emr

You could use something like dns2go.com I use it with VNC and it works really good. And if you need an IP address just ping the dns2go.com domain that you choose and it gives you the IP that is assigned to your clients system
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Thank you Gollo,

That is exactly what I was looking for, I just installed it at home and it works great. Aside from the ping to your domain there are loads of other useful features as well.

Thanks again,

emr