[RESOLVED] gold orb fans

Thread: [RESOLVED] gold orb fans

pumpkinhead77

Resolved [RESOLVED] gold orb fans

Hey guys, i finally bought the 1.1ghz Thunderbird that i have been bitching about and when i ordered i had the option of getting a no-name fan or for $15 more i could get the gold orb fan and like 3 months longer warranty, i got the gold orb, think that it was worth it?

------------------
    If it's not broken....Fix it!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pumpkinhead77:
    i could get the gold orb fan and like 3 months longer warranty, i got the gold orb, think that it was worth it?

</font>
    Of course!

------------------
    Ruslan Khyzha

GirlGeek

Absolutely, I'm happy with my gold orb

------------------
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit, and
    the recipient who doesn't get it.

hugheysoup

Hell yeah!

------------------
    Why say no, when it feels sooo good to say yes?........

CREEPINGDEATH

maybe i put to yo much arctic silver but my golden orb dosen't seem to help much more than the stock intel heatsinks.

------------------
    ?What Me Worry?

The only gold orb for amd is for the slota model, gold is only for socket370 socketA. Chrome orb is for socketA.

------------------
    Soylent Green is People!!!! Its made of People!!!!!
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

GirlGeek

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thirdfey:
    The only gold orb for amd is for the slota model, gold is only for socket370 socketA. Chrome orb is for socketA.

</font>
    Thirdfey...I had my verbage wrong.. I bought a SuperOrb for my amd TB. whoops. lol

------------------
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit, and
    the recipient who doesn't get it.

Oh, i figured you had a slotA like me so you would of had a gold orb, i just want to make sure that pumpkinhead knows the orb he(she) gets is not made for the socketa proc so be careful when putting it on your new proc and remember the thermal grease

------------------
    Soylent Green is People!!!! Its made of People!!!!!
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

pumpkinhead77

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thirdfey:
    Oh, i figured you had a slotA like me so you would of had a gold orb, i just want to make sure that pumpkinhead knows the orb he(she) gets is not made for the socketa proc so be careful when putting it on your new proc and remember the thermal grease

</font>

Im a he, and yup, got 2 tubes of grease (i'll never use it all in a lifetime) and a new static discharge strap and also i went with everyones opinion and got a 300 watt power supply and a new case, cost me $85 but if you guys say its worth it, i trust you

------------------

kubrick

Thumbs down

We carry thermaltake fans exclusively. Mostly because the looks sell the dang things like crazy, and the cooling is ADEQUATE, the 2-fan super orb keeps 800-1000mhz thundies down around 110-120 degrees.

However, ADEQUATE is the key word here. The cooling is average on those bad boys. Tom's Hardware did a nice side by side review not to long ago,(sorry no link handy at this time) and the coolest fans (AMONG THOSE REVIEWED-- i do not want to incite a fan flame war here)were the global win and alpha fans.
    Not to mention those dang ORBs dont fit on some mobos cause they hit those cylindrical transformers near the CPU socket!!!

my 2 cents on orbs, thanks for listening

------------------
    Don't let the Muggles get you down...

DaOnly123Kid

i have the second model of the golden orb for socket 370, and it cools 28 degrees(F) cooler than the retail fan....worth every penny

------------------
    There are 24 hours in a day, and 24 cans in a case of beer. Coincidence, I think not!!!

pumpkinhead77

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaOnly123Kid:
    i have the second model of the golden orb for socket 370, and it cools 28 degrees(F) cooler than the retail fan....worth every penny

</font>

Wow, 28 degrees, thats a good deal more, how does it cool so much better than a normal fan? I havent got the thing yet, but i am expecting it either today or tomarrow at the latest. (along with my mobo and processor)

------------------