looking for a driver

Thread: looking for a driver

Post looking for a driver

I am looking for a DOS pcmcia driver for socket services SSCIRRUS.EXE. I have contacted Cirrus Logic but have not heard back yet. If you can help I would be grateful. Thanks

I'm not sure I understand your post (forgive me as I've been up over 24 hours now), but are you looking for the file SSCirrus.EXE? If that is the case, the SS stands for SystemSoft who have been in CS&S (Card & Socket Services) for quite some time now. I checked out their site, but from what I gather, you'll need to go to the laptop's manufacturer to get the drivers as SystemSoft doesn't support their CardSoft(tm) from OEM sales. Below is a snippet:

------------
    CardWizard/Soft/PowerProfiler for Windows 3.x, 95, and DOS Support Program
    Several vendors supply SystemSoft's Windows 3.x, 95, and DOS Card and Socket Services and Power Management products with their hardware packaging (these are referred to as OEM Vendors). These versions are supported directly by those specific vendors. SystemSoft does not provide any support on these products either via email or phone.
    ------------

I'd suggest checking the laptop manufacturer's website to see if they have the driver on some old FTP site that you could download it off of. If the PCMCIA socket was aftermarket, you may be able to purchase the driver from SystemSoft or find it online from the socket manufacturer's site.

Hope this helps,
    GL

-Danyll
    Danyll

If we live in an insane world, how can I be normal if I'm sane?
    "I'm reminded of the immortal words of Socrates who said-'I drank what?'"-Val Kilmer (Real Genius)