[RESOLVED] Computer locks up

Thread: [RESOLVED] Computer locks up

tdixon60

Angry Computer locks up

I just upgraded from a k7 850 to a 950 on a MSI K7pro MOBO. Now I have nothing but lock ups. When I try to do any kind of app or game the screen just goes to black. is there a possability that I got a bad chip? I have tried everything I know. I thought heat might be the issue so I opened the case and put a big fan blowing directly in the case. I have all the newest drivers for everything in my system I am running a K7 950 on a k7pro MSI MOBO with a sb live value sound card, a creative anninlator 2 graphic card and a 30 and 45 g Maxtor hd.

Make sure you're running the latest BIOS
    also you might want to consult the manual for any jumpers/settings you should change.

Reset your CMOS and reconfigure it.

make sure your Power Supply is AMD approved.

but you may have a bad CPU.. so if you can get another one to test - it will be easier.

if your system worked fine with the 850 and problems happen with the 950 I would check the CPU,Mobo (or BIOS), RAM, PSU. other parts shouldn't have any effect on this.

Just an addition to Condor's post - check real temperature of CPU and use special thermal compound.