[RESOLVED] * sound card compatible with abit kt7 mobo **

Thread: [RESOLVED] * sound card compatible with abit kt7 mobo **

onature

Post * sound card compatible with abit kt7 mobo **

just curious if anyone has this mobo (not the kt133a) and if so what sound card they are using. If it is a SB live! what slot is it in? cause I have them both and sb! live will not work at all, not matter what slot. So I am thinking about buying new card but not sure which on cause I see problems related to a3d cards too.

well i hope it does i am thinking about getting that mobo that or the asus and a lot of ppl have said the abit was a better but i still haven't decided what to get w/ t-bird 1-1.33gig

if there are any other issuse i would like to know cuz i will be having the sb live xgamer, voodoo 4 4500, adaptec 2930 scsi card, us robotics gaming modem

i know that after a got a geforce2 card i heard that they have a lot of conflics w/ the athlon processors so i then got the voodoo and was much happier
    How do I set my laser printer to "stun"?
    I can't back up my hard drive, there's no reverse button.

onature

If you want check out this article it is a good one for new mobo reviews and actually it rates the new asus as the leader but of course it is up to you.

mobos

Built a system about a week ago for a customer with the same board and a SB Live, had problems at first with the sound just disapeering (WinME) re-installed with just the Video and sound cards on the board (Voodoo 3 AGP slot, SBL bottom slot)added modem and NIC after that, all seems ok now!

Darren Wilson

SB LIve! works fine on the KT7-RAID boards. Just remember to assign IRQ 5 to Legacy ISA in the BIOS, else it fights with the Highpoint controller.

onature

I tried all that. As soon as I put in another card (nic or video capture or modem) it freezes. I can only have 1 card in at a time. when you assigned IRQ5 for legacy did you have acpi active?

Darren Wilson

Yes & No

I disable ACPI as I do not like IRQ Sharing regardless of whether is is capable or not. Why share a single IRQ when others are available??

I also use Win2K and disable ACPI within the O/S as well.

onature

OK. I got rid of the SB!Live and bought a turtle beach santa cruz. It worked fine for 3 games and about 2 or 3 reboots. Now I have the same problem but less frequent. oh well I guess I am doomed.

barbados

If you are unable to find the answer here, post your query here:

web page

Perhaps there is someone on this forum that can help. Good luck.

Cool

Hi,
    I have the Abit KT7 board with a SB Live card and win2K with ACPI enabled. I have never had any problems at all so I wonder whether you may have had any other conflicts.
    Hope you get it sorted
    Nathan