Asus A7N266-E Riser card problem

Thread: Asus A7N266-E Riser card problem

Question Asus A7N266-E Riser card problem

I have an Asus A7N266-E motherboard with an ACR-A6CH audio riser card and connected to it are klipsch 4.1 promedia speakers. I have the front and rear jacks plugged in and I get sound out of the front two and the subwoofer, but I cannot get anything out of the two rear speakers. I tested the speakers on another system and they work fine. I have all appropriate drivers installed for this card. Please let me know of any suggestions to get the rear speakers working with the riser card.

The only other cards connected in the system is the video card and a modem. If that helps any.

Thanks

~Squideo

You don't state your operating system nor if you have downloaded and installed the latest drivers and software for the riser. <a href="http://download.asus.com.tw/mb_dl_menu.asp?l1=1&l2=10&l3=16&mid=2" target="_blank">Here you will find the drivers</a> for your asus board and I suggest you check through the manual for how to setup a 4 speaker system using that software.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Its windows 98, and it doesnt say more than front speakers are lime green jacks and rear speakers are purple jacks. Other than that they give crap about anything else. And there are not any updated drivers for the riser card for win98.

Hello Squideo, You may want to check these settings go to your:
    control panel
    multimedia
    prefered device for playback
    makes sure your card is selected
    click advanced properties for your card
    select proper speaker setup
    click ok to close box up
    Goodluck!...PSJ...

Yeah that is what I don't get, I have it set to surround sound in the settings in multimedia, and the correct device is selected. And it still will only give sound to the front two.