help needed

Thread: help needed

Post help needed

hi guys just wanted some quick help/ info . i am very instrested in computer eng. i would like to build / repair/ config computers . i know basic but i want to know more in this feild . can u give me any tip or link that can feed my brain in this field ? i talked to my VB programming techer he told me to study A+ for right now to get started the only programming course i;ve taken so far was Into to VB

any help would be much appr
    thank you

Yup - some sort of A+ track would be helpful. Exam cram makes some nice study guides (books). Also, some sort of hands on school never hurt anyone.

Where you at in Philly?

Hey guy stay out of PC tech support and stick with programming. You will make a whole lot more money that way. PC techs usually bill at $25-$75/hour. I know developers that pull in as much as $200/hour.

If you could combine VB knowledge with SQL & XML, that would be a good start. Add to that a third-party language like C++ or Powerbuilder/Sybase and you will be well on your way. Also take the time to master (and I mean become a GOD) at MS Office, especially VBA. Users love it when they can launch apps from within apps they are already familiar with.

A few certs would help, but if you stick with programming, A+ probably wont do much good. M$ offices a MCSD (M$ Certified System Developer) and MCDBA (M$ Certified Database Administrator). Remember, programmers and database admins are at the top of the food chain in IT. Most developers in my company start at $60k (USD) and most DBA start at $90k.
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

/|\ That is the truth. More $$$ and better jobs in programming if you have the knack for it.