How to reconfigure partitions on W2000 Server?

Thread: How to reconfigure partitions on W2000 Server?

Exclamation How to reconfigure partitions on W2000 Server?

Is it possible to reconfigure the partitions on a 2000 Server? The system volume does not have enough space and I need to give it more space from the other volume on the disk. Will I lose Data? How do I do it? I've looked under the Manager under computer management but can't figure it out.

Thanks!!

If it's not mirrored, you could use Partition Magic to resize it.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Exclamation

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by a d e p t:
    <strong>If it's not mirrored, you could use Partition Magic to resize it.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, you can't do it with partition magic (Sorry, Adept...).
    If you will try to use Partition Magic it won't work. The program will "Gently" prompt you to use "Server Magic" (which overall does the same - but cost more).

I think there are lots of free "partition resizers" out there to spend so much money on Partition/Server Magic.

Good Luck
    Gabriel
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence

Excellent point, Gabriel.

I tend to bundle all those PowerQuest utilities under the same name.

BTW, the PQ website lists Server Magic as being a NW tool, while Volume Manager is targetted for Win2000 partitions - as if their naming convention wasn't confusing enough.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where

It's probably not quite the answer you were looking for, but, can't you mount another partition as a folder within a drive in 2k?
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up