virus problem

Thread: virus problem

Post virus problem

I have removed the klez virus from several pcs at a clients site. I have a problem on only one of the pc's. When I open network neighborhood, control panel, my computer, etc...nothing shows up, however I can still get to them via windows explorer. I'm not sure if this is related to the virus or not. One solution (i think) wouldd be to reinstall windows on top, but if there is an easier way....

What version of Windows is this?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

KLEZ systemataicly destrys windows files (EXE), last time i remove thet virus it deleeted the applications as i was ussing tehm (norton, mcaffee, msconfig, and reg edit) the app would just die, i would try to re run, but the file was gone.

my suggestion is to remove the HDD and slave it to a clean system with KLEZ protection. Clean the "D:" and peplace any files that could not be recovered.

put the drive back, and up date and rescan the machine. do your reg editing, ect. and it sould be happy.
    Powered by: AMD Opeteron 175, 2 GB Mushkin XP4000, eVGA 7800 GT CO OC SLI, Creative X-Fi, WD25000 RAID 0, Plextor 716-SA, Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, Enermax Liberty 620, Zalman 9500 HS

If you sre sure klez is gone just go to "RUN" and put in "SFC", hit enter. System File Checker will find missing or corupt files and replace them.
    The Dragon has left the building.

win me...is SFC in me???

It should be. Beware that SFC can take quite some time to run completely through, though.
    Please insert volume 'BRAIN' and press any key to continue.

/me often wonders why there isn't a minimum IQ requirement to use a computer.

Unfortunatly Win ME doesn't have SFC. Another fine program omitted in that wonderful OS I haven't found a substitute for SFC in ME either. Can you do a system restore back to a date before the virus hit? Sometimes this works.

SFC isn't in Windows ME? Hmm...I must've been thinking of something else. Darn.

Vette, thanks for correcting me before I sent him off trying to find something that wasn't there.
    Please insert volume 'BRAIN' and press any key to continue.

/me often wonders why there isn't a minimum IQ requirement to use a computer.